Don't be fooled: this sweet looking doll could burn your house down with its flaming flatulence

Originally published at: Don't be fooled: this sweet looking doll could burn your house down with its flaming flatulence | Boing Boing

6 Likes

So disappointed they didn’t have toys like this when I was a kid.

9 Likes

Keep it away from your beard too.

9 Likes

Kind’ve a one-off toy isn’t it? or are there additional ‘cartridges’ in an accompanying box? i’ll remain gently skeptical of his endearing accented amazement due to the quick access to the butane lighter… ah well. (“We were amused.” [palm clap])

5 Likes

i mean, i remember having a small tin tank friction toy that shot a few sparks out but this is way better. GI Joe doesn’t stand a chance against Fanny.

9 Likes

yes, it did seem a little too crazy to be true. although there are some weird toys out there that Mattel would not approve of.

4 Likes

No wonder I wasn’t allowed to play with dolls. Sure, I burned down the neighbor’s tree when I was 8 but doesn’t every kid do that?

5 Likes

This video is from 2013; I can’t find any older reference to the toy’s existence. I kinda hope Big Clive invented it for my viewing pleasure because he did a fine job if so.

9 Likes

any dollmaker would know these things.

2 Likes

Nah, this is an innocent looking doll.

9 Likes

I see she’s sampled the Ken doll “Boys Cook Too” Playset’s* Blue Ribbon-Winning Five-Alarm Chili.
*(now with Court-Ordered Mandatory Functional First Aid Kit!)

Yeah, in fact it very much seems like someone just stuck a firework up the bottom of a generic doll they bought and then made (or altered) a bit of packaging for it, as a unique item, just for the single use in this video. (All references in romaji or katakana lead back to this video and stories about the video. It never seems to have existed as an actual product, even a novelty one.)

I can’t find any references to the toy that aren’t a reference to the video, and none in Japanese. Someone made this “toy” just for this video, whether it was the reviewer or not.

6 Likes

15 Likes

It is absolutely a joke, and I’m positive that it’s been on BoingBoing before, but I’m having trouble finding the prior article.

5 Likes

Yeah, they sell these without the doll in Mexico to stick on top of birthday cakes, because FIREWORKS!

3 Likes

Looks like another quality product from Mainway Toys.

10 Likes

“What kid doesn’t love a bag o’ glass?”

6 Likes

The 1970’s called, they want their doll back.

Cleanup kit sold separately

3 Likes

Holy flaming crap-hole, Batman!

I totally loved this guy’s reactions.

1 Like