Finger covers for eating messy or sticky food with your hands

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/03/finger-covers-for-eating-messy.html

3 Likes

Chopsticks are better for finger foods. In addition to keeping your fingers clean, they cause you to eat more slowly.

32 Likes

came here to say this. plus, great practice for using chopsticks (if you don’t already know how)

4 Likes

So they’ve reinvented the rubber glove?

9 Likes

Still waiting for the eventual renaming to Freedom Sticks, since we’re at “war” and all that. We renamed all things French just for being told ‘GTFO u crazy’.

3 Likes

Your answer is correct!

Seems like a pain in the ass, though i suppose if i was going to go out of my way to keep my hands clean then i might as well use gloves

3 Likes

1/5 the rubber glove for 5x the price. This is some silicon valley bro next-generation-web innovation spilling into the real world.

8 Likes

I have a set of stainless steel ones that i love to use, they clean real easy, very hard to misplace or mess up, and i have used it to eat certain snacks.

On a related note, at a restaurant that ran out of disposable utensils i figured out that chopsticks will work more than fine for eating soft serve ice cream out of a bowl.

2 Likes

Do they come in small? I think they would make a great gift for a certain someone in the White House.

(eta) Or for anyone he happens to “date.”

5 Likes

The awesome sensation of sticky fingers, please don’t take that from me.

4 Likes

No “we” didn’t.

Sycophants and boot lickers in DC proper may have temporarily capitulated to that petty nonsense, but personally I was still waiting tables for a living at the time.

Nearly I and everyone I that served back then still called them french fries and french toast.

11 Likes

Just one word: plastics!

3 Likes

12 Likes

Needs DRM

5 Likes

Been doing this ever since I saw it in a Wondermark cartoon, and it’s amazing: http://wondermark.com/601/

5 Likes

Yep. I have a set of metal chopsticks at my desk. I can eat Cheetos and type and not get crap all over my keyboard.

4 Likes

also you don’t look like a complete idiot

I ways licked my fingers off and used a napkin, but that’s just how the older generation rolls. These days I’m surprised that they didn’t come out with a small fork and knife to eat finger foods with.

4 Likes

There’s always the more direct analog: Finger Cots!

2 Likes