Finland N'existe Pas

1 Like

I bought a 32oz jar of pickled herring in cream sauce, yesterday.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Audiophile Micro SD Card:

@Raita Given how attached you are to your fictional constructs, maybe we should make it a second-language here in the BBS.

1 Like

Dammit, I was hoping Enochian could be our second language.

1 Like

So, the Finns back home somehow have learned how to control the minds of ordinary citizens

Photos from Duluth Polar Plunge 2015 - Perfect Duluth Day

The smart ones wear the least
 I see a lot of them jumping in with sweatpants/etc – would rather have bare skin that can be dried quickly than a 20 kg ice pack enclosing my entire body.

2 Likes

Ladies and dudes, Finland exists and they seem to like Rockabilly there. Apparently there were quite violent clashes between rockabilly kids and punks back in the day
 And some rockabilly kids will not give up their rebel flags, no matter how racist it is. This brought to you by a cool musicologist (with a Pompadour and boots) named Nate, who is writing a dissertation on the subject. And a fucking dissertation is definitive for ALL TIMES!!!

I think we can safely end the debate now!

2 Likes

Fictional country that has a fake dog sled made by somebody who goes by the name Jibjork?
Dogless Dog Sleigh Is Perfect for your Winter Commute | Hackaday
You’re right, I don’t think that somebody could make up a place like Finland – it must be real.

1 Like

EhkĂ€ it already is and you just haven’t realized it vielĂ€. EhkĂ€ you can already ymmĂ€rtÀÀ Finnish just fine.

You think a country that invents Nokia, Angry Birds AND the sĂ€hköpotkukelkka could be fictional? We’re talking about the history’s greatest inventions, here.

2 Likes

But guys, really. If someone wanted to invent the perfect fictional country, would they make all their most famous food look like poop? You’ve got your diarrhea and bloody, partly-undigested poop, something for everyone!

MĂ€mmi

Mustamakkara

2 Likes

I would argue that Hungary’s Unicum is far superior, but it has both a name and color problem.

If you feel like laughing at the name, you’re the reason I can’t get the d**n stuff anymore!.

1 Like

I have what little remains of a large bottle of Lapponia Lakka.
OTOH, I actually enjoy Vana Tallinn, so my tastes in alcohol are suspect.

It is my understanding that there are basically six Nordic jokes. The Danes tell them about Norwegians and Swedes so the Norwegians and Swedes tell them about Finns. Then the Finns tell them about Estonians, and the Estonians, well they tell them about Estonians too.

3 Likes

More fakey-fakeness from Fakeland:

##THIS STUFF ISNT REAL WAKE UP REINDEERPLE

2 Likes

The inhabitants of this land can supposedly live forever

JAMA Network | JAMA Internal Medicine | Association Between Sauna Bathing and Fatal Cardiovascular and All-Cause Mortality Events

Saunas help you live longer, study finds | Life and style | The Guardian

1 Like

A false premise ("Finland " exists, and has inhabitants) yields any conclusion.

3 Likes

FAKKITTY FAKE FAKE FAKE

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2015/04/the-biggest-little-sf-publishe.html

Castalia House was (per wikipedia) founded by Theodore Beale (aka Vox Day) in early 2014 in Kouvola, Finland. [emphasis added]

1 Like

UGH WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN

http://twitter.com/EveryFinnishNo

So, when will this thread be Finnished?

6 Likes

WHEN ALL THE CONSPIRATORS ADMIT TO THE JOKE

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Have you seen THIS?:

#Of course not

2 Likes