Fire chief arrested for shooting chemical in Capitol Police officer's face on Jan 6

Originally published at: Fire Chief Arrested in Capitol Attack - Boing Boing

2 Likes

Princess Bride__context__FGD135__500x315__4GB

4 Likes

In your face!

But every civic society needs an emergency recusal service, surely.

4 Likes

Is this tough guy going to do the fake grovelling act when he’s sentenced?

4 Likes

Yup. No bet.

8 Likes

It’s great to see all these assholes facing consequences. It’d be even better if they were getting long prison sentences instead of just a handful of years. All of them will do it again if they get the chance.

6 Likes

I’ll take real repercussions for the people that sent them to the capitol over more prison time for the mob any day. That’s how we stop this from happening again.

5 Likes

1776? The number of days he’ll end up in prison? The number of tears, divided by 1770, he’ll fake when being sentenced?

5 Likes

I dunno. Seems appropriate to me.

1 Like

That’s what the GIF says.

2 Likes

Justice Thomas could use their help.

4 Likes

Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

3 Likes

His skunkly facial fungus is Rather Distinctive.

2 Likes

As are his Thin Blue Line But Red For Firemen caps.

2 Likes

This is such a weird phenomenon since the whole name and concept of the “Thin Blue Line” was borrowed from the 1962 war novel The Thin Red Line.

And of course it’s gross for any civil servants to use that metaphor because it frames the people they are theoretically there to serve and protect as “the enemy.”

4 Likes

Or from… this?

1 Like

Just looked it up, I was partially wrong: turns out the phrase “The Thin Red Line” as a war reference predates the novel that shares its name by over a century and it was appropriated as “The Thin Blue Line” for U.S. Police forces back in the 1950s.

Same point stands though; it’s a very bad mindset for civil servants to think of the public they serve in terms of an enemy.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.