Man arrested with gun and ammunition near the US Capitol

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/28/man-arrested-with-gun-and-ammunition-near-the-us-capitol.html

2 Likes

Looks like capitol security will have to be at a higher level forever thanks to these terrorists.

.9mm seems like an awfully small caliber, though. What is this? A gun for ants?

15 Likes

With the rise of right-wing and white supremacist terrorism in the U.S., this will definitely be the new normal.

10 Likes

It’s been less than a month though, and the threat is ongoing.

6 Likes

I don’t know squat about guns ‘n’ ammo, but I got the joke. I guess it makes the wound hard to find?

3 Likes

My first thought seeing the headline was “Was he a congressman?”

5 Likes

It’s a standard round for law enforcement and military sidearms. Also, 20 rounds is probably just a spare clip. I highly doubt this was someone intent on becoming a ‘shooter’. More likely just a brash “i will carry my gun because i have the right to carry my gun” type.

oh, lol, nm, i just noticed the decimal. i need new glasses…

3 Likes

Or Ant Man’s gun?

@pesco: I humbly recommend that your typo should be corrected less this thread devolve faster than most!

2 Likes

US Capitol police have arrested a man carrying a gun and ammo

Do hope he’s ok and the Cap. Po Po remember to give him all his white rights, and please take him for some fast food before he hits the lockup.

P.S. Noticed he was taken into custody without a shot fired…

5 Likes

Nine states are looking to revive stalled legislation that would outlaw protest by increasing penalties, adding jail time, prohibiting attacks on monuments, & stopping local attempts to defund the police. They’re using these attacks & threats as an excuse to crack down on the Black Lives Matter movement.

2 Likes

I’m all for public safety, but please oh please don’t let the GOP use recent incidents to make a push to expand Homeland Security worthlessness.

5 Likes

Further reinforcing the maxim “only do one illegal thing at a time”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.