Fired police officer reinstated after blaming positive cocaine test on 'sexual aid cream'

Guessing from his past record, doubt he will care much. Seems like this guy is a real piece of work.

Casas had already been reprimanded in the past for making ‘conflicting statements’, missing court appearances, ‘excessive sick time usage’, and ‘gross negligence’

3 Likes

Upright citizen’s brigade.

2 Likes

Yeah, sure, because the caffeine in coffee is in any way comparable to cocaine.

Yes, they’re technically both stimulants - but that’s like comparing ethanol to chlorine triflouride because they’re both flammable.

If your nose stays engorged for more than 4 hours, seek medical assistance.

4 Likes

‘Shit! Shit! SHIT! FUUUCK! My goddamn NOSE, man! My fucking NOSE! It’s the size of fucking Texas, dude, and it’s been like this for SIX HOURS NOW!’

‘Whoa, relax buddy! Your nose is the same size it’s always been, and it’s only been fifteen minutes since you hit your first line! Chill out!’

‘What? …Right. Right! You’re right! Oh god, ha! Jesus, man, I was freaking out - I was FREAKING the GODDAMN FUCK out, man. Shit, you’re totally right. My nose is fine, my nose is just… you’re FUCKING right, my nose is GREAT! Ahaha! You want another hit? I want another hit. We should fucking HIT THAT SHIT! NNGGHH! Yeah! …and afterwards, we can rub erection cream on our genitals while drinking coffee!’

10 Likes

I think you misunderstood my reductio ad absurdum. It’s fine to object to the police using cocaine, especially since it implies that they’re corrupt and hypocritical, which is something our society shouldn’t tolerate in those entrusted with law enforcement authority. It’s less reasonable to object to the police using <scarequotes>stimulants</scarequotes> when most adults in the US use legal stimulants on a daily basis with no significant social harm. It’s especially unreasonable in the morning before I’ve had any.

1 Like

Even giving benefit of the doubt that this is completely true and “credible”, do we really want a homicide detective that would be Darwin award stupid enough to put a completely unknown substance on his genitals?? How did he pass his detective exams??? He shouldn’t have gotten his job back just merely on the basis of demonstrating total lack of sense and competency.

4 Likes

“Thank you for the political campaign signs, here is a jar of my homemade sexual enhancement cream,” said the old Cuban guy.

Of all details, I find this to be the most unbelievable.

8 Likes

Except that it kind of is comparable. There’s a reason several countries drink coca tea legally, which is basically the cocaine version of coffee.

Meanwhile, caffeine powder is some fucked up shit, and I’ve seen people sent to the hospital because of it. (Idiots, mind you, but yeah)

I’m not going to say they aren’t different, especially in their effects at higher doses, but they are most certainly comparable.

4 Likes

Remember, this is Miami, right in the heart of the WTF? state…

2 Likes

“It puts the lotion on it’s cock, in order to get as hard as a rock.”

4 Likes

Police are famous for being drunks, as they try to ameliorate the effects of job stress, PTSD, etc.

I’d be curious to see some genuine research on the differences between the physiological effects of caffeine and cocaine. Most of the differences I can think of between the two substances stem entirely from the fact that the latter is illegal and the former can be bought legally, usually from three or four different vendors in the same city block. (Sometimes all three are Starbucks.)

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure if anybody else tried that, they’d get a stiff sentence.

4 Likes

We need a “ba-dum-ching” emoticon :wink:

1 Like

Hmm…you mean they’d serve hard time?

3 Likes

Hey, it worked for Lance Armstrong. For a while.

Call up a friend, sit around the table with some coffee and some lines and do your own research.
You’ll find the physiological differences vast.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be putting a petroleum based lubricant on my private parts…

2 Likes

Yes, he’s a lucky stiff to have gotten off, although the old Cuban guy excuse is not rock solid, though.

Say what you will about his little man in blue, it doesn’t sound like this cop was ever soft on crime.

2 Likes