Firefighters rescue woman who fell into pit toilet while trying to retrieve her phone

Oh, man, I am SO programmed to zip up all pockets or move the contents to a shelf or counter whenever I sit, nay, even move around a toilet, pit or flush. I have never had the worst happen, I just figure, with my luck, it will someday.

2 Likes

I never thought I’d have the opportunity to post this twice in a week…

11 Likes

This happened to someone near me MANY years ago. Apparently the person was stuck down there overnight until a park employee heard screaming/yelling the next morning.

2 Likes

Craig Johnson collection of short stories, specifically “Messenger” in Wait for Signs.

The Ten Mile River Scout camp in upstate NY were pocked with those, and all with mass seating. Nothing private. A terrible thing for a first-time camping 12-year-old to be subjected to.

1 Like

Well… I guess I should count my lucky stars that they were all single toilets, or at least had stalls.

Some campgrounds even have flush toilets now! Depends where you are.

1 Like

Agreed. When the 1st petzl headlamps came out I was in heaven!

1 Like

Oh! for a toilet that did not consist of a 20-foot-long board with holes every 3 feet, and facing another board 8 feet away.

1 Like

There should have been some version of that in Game of Thrones. Perhaps at a wedding. It could have been the Brown Wedding, to go along with the Red Wedding and the Purple Wedding.

2 Likes

Pretend you were in Roman times?!

1 Like

I’m surprised she didn’t call 122, the dedicated toilet extraction line.

“However, they said she just wanted to leave and travel back to California.” [bolding mine]

As a life-long Californian, I was not surprised to see this!

At that age we weren’t that sophisticated. At least I wasn’t.

1 Like

My uncle dropped his phone in the pit toilet once. He immediately took his watch and wallet and threw them in after it.

I asked “why the hell did you do that?!?”

He said “I’m sure as hell not going down there just for a lousy phone!”

Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here through Saturday. Tip your servers, they’re working hard for you.

5 Likes

head first!!

head first!!

head arck’ing first!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.