Firefighters rescue woman who fell into pit toilet while trying to retrieve her phone

Originally published at: Firefighters rescue woman who fell into pit toilet while trying to retrieve her phone | Boing Boing

4 Likes

There is no amount of washing that would persuade me to continue using a phone dunked in raw sewage.

I’m not even sure that there is any amount of washing that could persuade me to keep using the same skin and hair and fingernails and teeth if I had taken a dip in a pit toilet.

19 Likes

reportedly used her dog’s leashes so as not to fall in but that didn’t go as planned and she slid in head first.

I thought :thought_balloon: I was having a shitty day.

7 Likes

A real missed opportunity to share the toothbrush in the toilet bowl catastrophic ending from the Seinfeld episode on this one. “Have a nice life.”

1 Like

well I guess one just has to chalk that up as another story for the grandkids.

3 Likes

let it go GIF

7 Likes

Oh man… pit toilets were the worst thing about going to the state park camping.

7 Likes

Someone is always having a worse day than you.

3 Likes

Too good to pass up…

GIF by South Park

2 Likes

Well, that’s the shits.

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

Family lore states a similar disaster in western Pennsylvania that befell one of my great aunts. Apparently after the old rotten seat failed right under her
and she plunged in like a dunk tank the family swore to fix it up every five years so it could never happen again!

After over 100 years, so 20 maintenance parties I am very impressed by how well it has held up. The actual hunting cabin is run down but the outhouse is in great shape. Top five places to answer nature’s call for sure.
Magazine racks full of LIFE from the 30’s-70’s old Popular mechanics full of margin notes and pictures of completed DIY projects based off the magazine articles. Carved wood on the door and around the sink. Yeah, they put a gravity feed rainwater sink with grey water to the corn patch. Vanity complete with a collection of old perfumes and after shaves that came from the family.

I hope to bring my kids to the next work party in three years! Anyhow, enough lore, I wish the park service upgraded the facilities, however, the public tends not to revere restrooms.

8 Likes

I’ve noticed more and more around here they have solar-powered blowers that suck the stink out of the back of the building. It’s pretty amazing how much of a difference it makes.

9 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

I got a sea shanty for ya…

4 Likes

She then used her cellphone to call 911 after about 20 minutes in an attempt to climb out.

She’s an absolute rock. I’d have been calling about 20 seconds into it.

4 Likes

I once dropped a bag of weed into a pit toilet by accident. So then I didn’t have any more weed. I would have also abandoned a phone.

2 Likes

911 Operator: “911, what is your emergency?”

Caller: “I just dropped my cell phone in to the loo.”

911 Operator: “That isn’t an emergency.”

Caller: “I went to get it, and now I am stuck in the loo. I am calling you from that phone.”
Caller: “I am in a big pile of poo, under the loo, at Walker Park, near the North Parking Lot.”

911 Operator: “OK, public works and hazmat have been dispatched to your location. They should ‘drop in’ shortly.”

2 Likes

Good thing her phone still worked!

2 Likes