Police rescue woman from toilet who was trying to save her Apple Watch

Originally published at: Police rescue woman from toilet who was trying to save her Apple Watch | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’ve never seen a toilet being quite that helpful! Maybe mine is just obstinate. Sorry.

8 Likes

Yeesh, she’s incredibly lucky to be alive. Sewer gasses can knock you out asphyxiate you quickly. This must have been one of the actively ventilated types.

5 Likes

Millie Bobby Brown Reaction GIF by Converse

4 Likes

“Hold my beer. I’m going after it.”

2 Likes

Season 3 No GIF by The Office

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

3 Likes

(sigh)

If only someone could save me from the toilet that is my life…

1 Like

Reminds me of the old joke.
A camper and a biker were using the group outhouse at the campground. As the biker pulled his pants up a nickel fell out of his pocket into the cesspit. With a muttered curse, the biker pulled a fistful of change out of his pocket and threw it down the hole.
“Why’d you throw all that change into the toilet?” the camper asked.
The biker replied,“You don’t think I’d go down there for a nickel, do you?”

7 Likes

Anyone who have used one of these know what a nightmare this scenario is…

4 Likes

And not the first time something like this has happened. There was this incident last year:

5 Likes

First thing that i thought about was this. She’s lucky that she didn’t immediately pass out and die from lack of oxygen. I remember a story that i think was posted here a few years ago of someone dropping their phone in a toilet pit, passing out, then having a relative jump in to save them, also passing out, and then a 3rd person jumped in and also passed out.

If it falls in a toilet just let it go, it’s dead. You don’t want it, trust me.

Edit: found it

4 Likes

Man, what a crappy story.

2 Likes

Welcome to Camp Erfurt; do drop in.

“Police rescue woman who was trying to save her Apple Watch from toilet” might describe the situation better

Whenever I see this sign, I wonder about the life journey of the writer. This ungrammatical, weirdly spaced sign got pushed out to every national park pit toilet in the country. There must have been a sense of urgency.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.