Woman gets hand stuck in toilet, fire department called to break it

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/19/woman-gets-hand-stuck-in-toile.html

1 Like

Some days just suck…

16 Likes

Mark, why perpetuate this stupid moment of oversharing? The FB page where it is posted has a sexist comment and a link for “licensing information.” BoingBoing is better than this.

What happens when women try to do men’s work :sweat_smile::sob::joy: Gracie Henderson
Please share! :rofl:
For licensing information please email licensing@viralhog.com
Thank you!

3 Likes

wow, thats crappy.

5 Likes

That headline set up a drama: would “it” be the toilet or her hand?

10 Likes

She held up pretty well through the whole ordeal. Although, once she was free, she did look a bit flushed.

9 Likes

A plunger is one of those tools that is absolutely worth the price.

8 Likes

I may be dense, but I cannot imagine how one could clear a clog in a toilet with one’s hand.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Why on earth would she want to unclog it by hand? Could’ve used any number of things… but your hand???

3 Likes

This is hands down the worst way I have seen to unclog a toilet.

4 Likes

Lucky for her she had clothes on.

2 Likes

Ok, any reason they felt the need to use a sledgehammer. A small maul or ball peen would have sufficed. Proud of their restraint, but give the lady a pair of safety glasses, especially if you are going to film it.

It does not show prior attempts but first attempt should have been a heavy does of liquid soap or mineral oil. Her arm looks dry. I think someone wanted to break a toilet today.

3 Likes

That’s some amazing plunger work. It looks like she ganked a brown alligator loose. And how did you find that without the words “THANKS OBAMA” tacked on the end?

On a more serious note, the fellows at the fire department were taking her life in their hands. They make knives out of porcelain for a reason. A cracked chunk of toilet pottery is unbelievably sharp!

3 Likes

Maybe she dropped something valuable down there and was trying to retrieve it a-la Ed Harris’ wedding ring in The Abyss.

That’s certainly the story I’d be telling even if the truth was “didn’t have a plunger handy.”

2 Likes

Brings back bad memories from when I dropped my $800 dental appliance in the toilet while it was flushing.

1 Like

Now she has to get a new toilet for the yard.

6 Likes

I heard it was her phone ??? Her phone dropped in the toilet and she went after it, either that or Univision is full of it like usual >_> they always give the news half way, like plot points missing and the like

That was my first thought. What if it shatters the wrong way and cuts her.

1 Like

It would be nice if you could request no photos for incidents like this.

2 Likes