First detailed look at Poland's challenge to the EU Copyright Directive

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/20/you-forgot-poland.html

1 Like

Look quickly at that photo. Doesn’t it look a bit like Harold Finch, which is kind of fitting?

1 Like

Cory sure does keep an eye on some arcane corners of IP law. I do appreciate him for doing so, and posting about it here. Hope he reports back when things move forward.

1 Like

My enemies enemy?

That’s exactly the point. Whatever the intentions of the current Polish government are, a firm believe in free speech and a liberal Internet it ain’t.

You read too much fake news I’m afraid. There’s no seizure of any courts in Poland. If removing former communist judges from being able to uphold/reject decisions is unconstitutional then so be it. Former communist judges who appoint their family members and friends to further judicial positions have no place in modern day Poland. Communists have no place in Poland, so you will just have to get used to that from now on because they are not coming back and neither is communism.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.