First look: Robert Pattinson is... The Batman

I suspect this will fall somewhere between Kilmer and Clooney

1 Like

Wow, that’s dark, even for batman.

2 Likes

Enough already.

Just give us another Dredd and make the world right again.

4 Likes

Or Judge Anderson

3 Likes

Even better @timd

I know he is called The Dark Knight but this is ridiculous

4 Likes

Is this going to be like Spider-Man except even longer running?

It’s starting to seem like every 3 years or so, there Is another movie about Batman or the Joker and a reinvent every 10 to 15 years and this just goes on for eternity

I don’t hate Batman at all but it’s tiresome at this point

3 Likes

Too bad there aren’t any other superheroes to make movies about. I’m starting to feel “bat fatigue”.

1 Like

Will he sparkle?

1 Like

Heath Ledger called it.

8 Likes

Would Harry Anderson do?

4f0da6f59cb6870f183879ec1c7cec01

7 Likes

Eh - looks ok… I guess I am more concerned with what the story will be like.

16 Likes

My opinion of Pattinson went up after this.

Based on Pattinson’s reputation for not bathing (was it method? was it madness?) during the filming of some of the Twilight movies…

…we may finally be able to wholeheartedly sing…

“Jingle Bells, Batman smells…”

I hope that Harley Quinn makes an appearance. Birbs of Prey may not be the best movie, but Margot Robbie inhabits the character like no other actor could.

1 Like

I like it. I hope Matt Reeves lives up to the promise of this being more of a noir/detective story and less of an action film. It’s not to say Batman comics don’t have action but the best arcs for Batman comics have been when he doesn’t know what’s going on but has to unravel it to stop the worse from happening.

We desperately need another Batman reboot because now we’ll finally get a grim and gritty Batman with a real sense of pathos and increasingly dark story, until in a few years the movie will just be a picture of black sandpaper filmed in the dark with punching and stabbing sounds in the background.

We should probably give the F4 another bite at the apple, while we’re at it.

1 Like

Sounds like a stand-up comedy special by Mike Birbiglia.

1 Like

I’d be fine with gritty, though I’d actually prefer they stop telling the default origin story and move on to Elseworlds stories (the comics series, not the Arrowverse crossover episodes).

Superman: Speeding Bullets is a favorite of mine where Kal-El is found by Thomas and Martha Wayne and becomes Batman with Superman’s powers.

1 Like