Fish rained from the sky in Texas this week

So long, 2021, and thanks for all the fishes!

15 Likes

First they created chicken guns and now they have fish guns! What’s next???

3 Likes

Serious question @pesco

What is the difference between “high weirdness,” and low, or regular, weirdness?

Has the internet had the effect of mixing them all together, or are they still distinguishable?

4 Likes

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a chicken gun is a good guy with a fish gun.

No, really. The chicken gun requires an armor penalty while the fish gun has an insane crit rate.

7 Likes

…and limes.

I looked up an online friend’s town, Dunfermline, Scotland, in my copy of The Complete Works of Charles Fort. It gave me great pleasure to inform him that in 1873 or some such, a rain of fish happened there. He was at least as pleased to learn this, and immediately located an archived newspaper report. We lol’d as we read it.

3 Likes

The stars at night
Are big and bright
Deep in the fishmart of Texas

1 Like

What? No vinegar?

3 Likes

Oh, it’s fried then? Okay, do please pass the vinegar. Do you have enough lime? These small ones are so good…

4 Likes

Thanks for the reference to Fort.

I know an evolutionary biologist who used Fort quotes in their PhD thesis, one for each chapter. Great minds, etc.

3 Likes

The Complete Works of Chas Fort is a very large beastie, bits of which are dry as old bones, but others had me LMFAO. Highly recco’d. It’s expensive, but reasonably priced used copies in good condition may be found. A caveat: the index is sadly not as reliable as one would like.
tophat-cry

2 Likes

And that kids was how the fish spawned in the days before the age of modern aerial forest firefighting equipment. Pass me the winterization fluid for the generators.

1 Like

This stuff works quite well.

In fact, it’s beautifully doing its job right now!

2 Likes

When a place is named Texarkana, I would not have expected less.

1 Like

The mad fishmonger strikes again! You win this round fishmonger, but one day us pataphysics will unmask you.

1 Like

I had a bird drop a fish on my head a few years ago. The closest omen I ould find was being pooped on by a bird meaning good luck.

So I decided a fish dropped on my head was good luck. Unless the bird was aiming.

1 Like

download (45)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.