Five pounds of Haribo gummy bears

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/29/five-pounds-of-haribo-gummy-be.html

These aren’t the ones that give you a massive case of the shits, are they?

7 Likes

Mmmm sweetened with suffering!

8 Likes

That’s the sugar free kind.

6 Likes

So I see: https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/8gdga4/sugarless-gummy-bears-are-not-safe-for-humans

3 Likes

They don’t get stale, but they do get hard if left out for a day. I prefer Haribo’s Tropi-Frutti, but only when I can’t get Katjes.

2 Likes

One of their factories is a 30 min drive away.
And it has a shop.

2 Likes

With these mixed messages coming from BB on gummy bears, I’m just not sure how to feel about them.

6 Likes

Just FYI gummy bears are neither halal nor kosher - the gelatin is sourced from cattle bones and pig skin.

3 Likes

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the 6lb bag of Black Forest Gummy Bears (or even just try them with a small bag). They’ve changed the way I look at gummy candy.

6 Likes

Five pound bag! Welcome to the post Marijuana legalization world!

7 Likes

Aren’t Haribo gummies the ones made by slave labor?

You’re on a roll today, Weisberger.

And the Haribo sugar free gummy bear challenge pre-dates the tide pod challenge by several years.

3 Likes

Oh, man. For some reason black forest worms make me weak in the knees. They don’t even need to be a huge bag.

2 Likes

Step it up man! :grinning:

GummyPython

7 Likes

No, these are the ones (allegedly) made using slave labor!

Though the ones that you refer to are also probably made with questionable labor practices.

3 Likes

I was gonna say, I’m pretty sure it was on Boing Boing where I learned how awful Haribo is to the people who help make their gummy bears!

1 Like

You can’t fool me, I’ve seen a gummy bear, my daughter got one from her prom date her sophomore year.   Just one weighs five pounds.

1 Like

My bag only came with one.

4 Likes

Ah, but that’s how they are especially delicious! Like wine, gummy bears need to “breathe”…

2 Likes