Five year old boy phones 911 to order McDonald’s Happy Meal

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/07/five-year-old-boy-phones-911-t.html

6 Likes

More of these LEOs please.

20 Likes

All very sweet, but the kid phoned the police for a Happy Meal, and they brought him a Happy Meal. He’s found a system that works, he’s going to use it again.

15 Likes

Low earth orbit?

3 Likes

Officer Valdez also spoke to the child about how 911 is to be used properly.

And here we see an example of what cops should be doing. Kudos to this LEO for turning this into a lesson for the kiddo and establishing community relationships.

The boy’s dad, Randy Skabelund, spoke to the dispatcher in a follow-up call later to apologize and explain that there was not an emergency, but that little Charlie probably got a hold of dad’s cellphone.

My kids have ordered stuff on amazon as soon as the figured out how to enter my CC. My youngest started crying one day and I asked her why. “Because I just clicked ‘buy it’ and I don’t know how to take it back and you’re going to be mad at me!!!'”. It was the Lego 2 movie on prime. I explained to her that it wasn’t a big deal, just don’t do it again.

Then we sat down and watched Lego 2 over brunch which quickly cheered her up.

25 Likes

ooh now I know how to get free happy meals. I have this all planned out.

5 Likes

Jesus Christ - those buttons are huge!

2 Likes

they’re mouthless happy faces ,god damnit.

10 Likes

My favorite Harlan Ellison story: “I Have No Mouth and I Must Smile”.

8 Likes

Good cops, good cops, what they gonna do…
They gonna bring a nice Happy Meal to you…

lather rinse repeat

9 Likes

I’m glad the officer took the time out his day to do this kindness, It’s also possible that he also wanted to check up on the kid to see if he was in a good home situation though that’s probably more of a cynical way of looking at things. However looks like it’s just a good story all around so i’m glad he’s getting recognition for being a good dude.

4 Likes

Yeah, a lesson that could cost him his live. Officer Randolph “Scott” Valdez should have tasered him or shot his pet dog (/s) so that he learns what to expect as a POC when interacting with a US LEO.

1 Like

No, lion of course. Leo the lion.

(Law Enforcement Officer, in case you weren’t being sarcastic)

2 Likes

I really REALLY expected the police officer to shoot dead the boy or gun down their parents and dog.

3 Likes

And then eat the happy meal.

5 Likes

Yes we’re all glad nobody was shot.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.