Fixing Equinox's "Commit to Something" in light of owner's plans to host a Trump fundraiser

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/08/there-i-fixed-it.html

4 Likes

Thanks for the shout out Cory and team!

4 Likes

“Commit to Something”

3 Likes
10 Likes

Slightly off topic, but I noticed that the NRA has started placing ads on Boing Boing. I don’t know what they’re thinking but I love that they’re wasting money on this.

6 Likes

Rock on, Anthony Clune, wherever you are

Fuck Equinox and their ugly faux-Roman architecture

4 Likes

I feel like there needs to be one using a photo of a concentration camp. Otherwise, fantastic!

7 Likes

My first reaction, upon seeing the various companies owned by this guy try to distance themselves from him was: boy, it sucks for these companies*. They can’t help who their owner is, it’s not fair to them and their efforts to be decent. Then I remembered that these are corporations and that “decency” was just marketing bullshit anyways.

*Also: the absurdity of companies trying to pretend that their owner had nothing to do with them, and that corporate money wasn’t going to Trump.

4 Likes

When I heard the story on the radio while waking up I thought it was about Equifax. I’m still not sure what Equinox is, except it was a very bad movie from my youth whose TV ads I can still hear in my head: “What is the secret of the thousand year old book? Eeek-wi-nox!”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.