Xitter XEO exposes vast conspiracy of legal behavior

Originally published at: Musk's Twitter sues ad groups over alleged boycott - Boing Boing

8 Likes

@ Linda Yaccarino:

24 Likes

Even considering the lunacy of this Supreme Court, I doubt they’d rule that advertisers were now required to put ads on Twitter. What the courts need to start doing is imposing nicely gigantic fines on Musk and other wingnuts who try to use the courts to quash the First Amendment.

26 Likes

True, but I’m having trouble constructing an argument for why any individual or company can’t choose who to do business with for any reason. I guess they’ll go for tortious interference, but that would be seriously torturing the definition of tortious interference.

29 Likes

Shooping in Marshall Applewhite’s creepy, weird face in startling and unsettling. Well played, Mr Beschizza; well played.

Edited for extra verbiage.

16 Likes

Just as her boss and platform helped stoke the anti-immigrant pogroms in the UK. Nice timing for the manager of Elon’s Nazi bar to complain that the sponsors are pulling their neon signs because they were made aware of what kind of joint it is.

If you’re having trouble, imagine the angst Roberts would go through in deciding a dispute between his beloved corporate persons.

20 Likes

“Libertarian” Musk wants the government to use force to make advertisers associate with his nazi bar?

“That’s libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.”

― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

42 Likes

So two things,

ohwait_youre_serious

and also,

19 Likes

Well, this is going to have to be one hell of a legal argument given that Elon Musk specifically said, very publicly, to advertisers: “Go fuck yourself.” I mean, suing over a boycott is generally ridiculous enough, but in that context, it’s utterly absurd.

33 Likes

CEO = Chief Elon Obeyer.

18 Likes

Imagine being such an entitled jackass you think people should be legally required to support your business (and only your business, of course).

21 Likes

“They conspired to Boycott X, which threatens our ability to thrive in the future. That puts your global town square, the one place that you can express yourself freely and openly, as long as it doesn’t offend the incredibly sensitive rich asshole who owns the entire place and communicates entirely in outdated 4Chan memes and desperate pleas for affection, at long-term risk.”

fixed that for you Linda, you’re welcome

I mean it’s not like Jack was a shining paragon of sanity but he had the good sense to stay the fuck out of the public eye and mostly let Twitter run itself instead of tweaking its behavior so that he’s Twitter’s Main Character all day, every day.

24 Likes

As long as you don’t criticize our lord and saviour Elon Musk, or otherwise demonstrate that you’re infected with the woke mind virus, e.g. by using dirty words like “cis”.

Edit: ah, @egypturnash said literally the same thing, sorry for missing that.

13 Likes

IANAL, but the only argument I can see would be if Global Alliance for Responsible Media (GARM) and the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA) were somehow government funded, mandated, or sponsored, and conspiring to prevent Xitter from getting advertising revenue in an abuse of their official standing. None of these stipulations appear to be the case. They don’t have a monopoly on advertising or any sort of advertising related revenue, they’re both appear to be voluntary non-gatekeeper trade organizations, and should be able to suck a whole lot of money out of Musk via requesting fines, court fees, and their own attorney costs for this frivolous and obviously abusive lawsuit. Or so I would hope.

8 Likes
23 Likes

I think you mean “enhanced interpretation” of the definition of tortious interference.

13 Likes

Oh, I would definitely present this in court that the CEO of Xitter just offered the private company to the world as a kind of Creative Commons platform and has released claim on it. How very generous!

14 Likes

I could see it if they were leftists or anarchists. Boycotts are something the corrupt Supreme Court would surely love to imprison activists for.

Oh btw Linda: executives of companies can be personally liable for blatant and persistent breaches of data protection law. Hopefully your opportunistic loyalty to the Nazi scum will be something you will repent at leisure.

This is an actual law btw. Not an opportunistic reach to a corrupt court.

12 Likes
9 Likes

Fixed it.

9 Likes