FLDS and Seth Jeffs are now digging into Minnesota

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/22/the-flds-and-seth-jeffs-are-no.html

4 Likes

I sure picked the wrong article to read while eating lunch.

17 Likes

That put me off my burrito as well.

8 Likes

They are going to find digging anything underground in the Grand Marais area (or anywhere in the Arrowhead region) to be a little more challenging than in the Dakotas or Utah. The soil there is about 2" thick on top of Canadian Shield rock.

I hope they go broke finding this out

21 Likes

A compound to house a child-rape and tax-avoidance cult you say? Get 'em while they’re small’s all I’ll say on that…

*Whistles innocently*

27 Likes

If you’d really like to extend and increase the profound nausea and existential horror triggered by these people, may I recommend Under the Banner of Heaven, Krakauer’s excellent book on the topic?

7 Likes

Sounds like the FLDS would find more “fertile” ground in Alabama.

6 Likes

Nah, the white trash Baptists already have the child bridge market sewn up.

2 Likes

“Underground compound”? Has the term “bunker” fallen out of favor?

3 Likes

Yeah, but religion helps people feel better about death, so it’s a good thing, right?

Jesus Fucking Christ.

5 Likes

Because an above-ground child sex cult compound wasn’t horrifying enough, now they’re throwing C.H.U.D.s into the mix.

7 Likes

“or prohibiting the free exercise thereof” was a huge mistake.

3 Likes

The man’s name is Seth, I refuse to believe he is rich enough that he is getting away with this shit!

I wanted Far Cry 5 to have a DLC … but not like this.

1 Like

I never realized until this particular photo how phallic the shape of the Vatican City is.

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence.

5 Likes

Wasn’t that a steak house? Seth’s Jeff’s? :thinking:

Go Canadian Shield!!

2 Likes

The avenue is the Via della Conciliazione, which is outside the Vatican City.

1 Like

Fundamormons? Mormomentalists? Fundamormolists?

Hmm

1 Like

Hi Xeni, long time reader here. I admire your work very much. One small correction: I am certain the girl in the “wedding” photo is Merrianne Jessup, not Elissa Wall. Merrianne was the 12 year old who was subjected to the group rape that was recorded in the YFZ temple, which recording was used as evidence in Jeffs’ trial. Both women underwent horrific abuse, but their stories are different, and I thought you might want to correct the misnaming.

7 Likes