AR-15-worshipping Christian church opens new private compound in Texas

Originally published at: AR-15-worshipping Christian church opens new private compound in Texas | Boing Boing

3 Likes

In Moon’s theological view, the “rod of iron” is an unambiguous reference to the AR-15

Do I have the meaning of the world unambiguous totally wrong or does he?

15 Likes

Yeah, this will end well.

19 Likes

Haha, a “Christian” church, right. That’s a good one.

14 Likes

The choice of location for the compound for this sect of the American Death cult sends a message in and of itself.

22 Likes

“Nonononono, I’m not the King of the Kingdom of God! I’m the King of the Second Kingship of the Kingdom of God, Cheon Il Guk, as the Crowned Successor and Representative Body of the Cosmic True Parents of Heaven and Earth and full Inheritor of the Kingship of God.”

8 Likes

38 Likes

I know that there’s a lot ecumenical understanding of differences in doctrine, but calling that in any way Christian is some kind of a leap!

9 Likes

Given this, unregulated firearm carry, and other laws being passed in Texas, it won’t be long before the U.S. State Dept. will be issuing travel warnings for it.
ETA: I’m sure the hell staying away from TX.

13 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before they drop the “Christian” pretense entirely and openly embrace Zardoz.

27 Likes

So is the transliteration of something a person wrote two millenia ago referring specifically to ArmaLite rifles (the true AR) and the other makes are devil spawn? or is any lightweight, .22 cal death machine an instrument of god?
Really hate to learn I was a heretic

8 Likes

A firearm worshipping cult with a compound in Texas. What could go wrong?

23 Likes

I can’t wait for the episode when Chip and Jo fix up this compound. So much shiplap.

2 Likes

His elder brother, Justin, owns the nearby Kahr firearms manufacturing company.

Oh, so this is just the marketing arm of the family business then.

16 Likes

rod of iron" is an unambiguous reference

Yeah, right. I’m sure I can find an unambiguous biblical reference that says this guy is an utter fuckwit.

6 Likes

Beneath the Planet of the Apes was a documentary?

12 Likes

Actually, i’m glad these weirdos are leaving the Poconos/Hudson Valley. I’m surprised they didn’t set up their compound in Florida tho.

5 Likes

Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity … schism

Oh, the irony

12 Likes

Absolutely. This is the first thing that came to mind.

3 Likes

I’m sure the new open carry law in TX had nothing to do with it.

2 Likes