AR-15-worshipping Christian church opens new private compound in Texas

So, um, his degree.
His degree in theology.
Is as worthless as he says that everyones is?

3 Likes

If everyone is a king is there any advantage to being king?

If everyone has an AR 15, is there any advantage to having an AR 15?

3 Likes

Aside from all the (more) glaringly obvious problems with his exegetical leap there; the AR-15 seems like an especially odd choice given how much its design went with aluminum and reinforced polymers for weight reasons.

It would still be a deeply tenuous reading; but there are a lot of guns to choose from that are considerably closer to being all steel. I assume that those are out because American Jesus wouldn’t use a commie AK or something.

11 Likes

And here I thought the “rod of iron” was a decree from the Heavenly Fluffer to maintain one’s turgidity. This was beginning to impact my ability to function in regular society.

5 Likes

texas compound?

likely won’t end well

5 Likes

[Sean Moon] now refers to his own mother as the "Whore of Babylon"

Now that’s a schism.

18 Likes

When it comes to religions, I doubt there’s any urgent need for adherence to matters of materials science. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

The AR-15 is a false prophet adulterated by plastic and aluminum. The matchlock arquebus is the iron rod of the true god.

14 Likes

the passage seems seriously lacking in context anyway.

if i were to read that, id take it to mean there are two people being contrasted. one who rules through fear and violence, and another - jesus - who has the backing of the sir beardalot.

to me, it seems to be trying to say: choose god, not violence via the iron rod.

but i guess it all kinda hinges on who “he” is.

3 Likes

Oddly enough, that doesn’t stop her being one of the True Parents of Heaven and Earth.

EDIT: Turns out that he solved that conundrum.

He also began teaching that Hyun Shil Kang, one of Sun Myung Moon’s first disciples, was now True Mother instead as his spirit had married her.

6 Likes

That’s exactly what I thought when I got to this part:

a 40-acre compound in Texas about 40 miles from Waco

(Previously, re: Waco).

Once again, I offer this reminder:

4 Likes

The only thing that can stop a heretic with a gun…

4 Likes

The advantage goes to them what uses theirs first.

2 Likes

How come they are just brimming with prophecy, but they can’t foresee the schism with the Kalashnikov Orthodox or Martin Luger’s heresy?

10 Likes

My question is: Why do all these power grabbing assholes (I’ve got an opinion on, but am not going to publicly post on my ruminations on his mental stability…) always go with the apocalyptic end of the world shit?

I mean, if I was going to brainwash a bunch of people into thinking I was god on earth, my message would be “this is eternal paradise, which will never end, so you can keep sending me that $$$ etc…”.

4 Likes

Because it requires fervent belief and devotion to ensure eternal survival. It’s just the stick and not the carrot. Eternal paradise, OR ELSE.

Religions without the promise of negative reinforcement probably… wait… are there any?

8 Likes

10 Likes

I live here and was recently harassed for wearing a mask at the grocery store.

My gf had to remove the Bernie sticker from her car because she kept getting harassed for it.

Send help.

13 Likes

I guess the imagery of beating swords into plowshares doesn’t translate to guns. The twisted ways religious folk pick and choose their sincerely held beliefs never ceases to amaze.

I wonder how much of their spending goes to feeding / clothing / housing the poor and healing the sick. (S/, we already know it’s $0).

3 Likes

I have some suggestions for sacraments they could adopt.