Flight diverted because of "diarrhea all the way through the airplane"

Originally published at: Flight diverted because of "diarrhea all the way through the airplane" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I thought that jets were turning into buses- turns out it was cruise ships.

25 Likes

“Fly the Shitty Skies!”

13 Likes

After the plane landed, there were skid marks all along the runway. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

16 Likes

When it rains it pours

7 Likes

I think I just timed out.

4 Likes

leslie nielsen film GIF by Head Like an Orange

6 Likes

“surely, i cannot.”

5 Likes

it’s diarrhea all the way down.

“this is your captain. please prepare for landing.”

5 Likes

Related ep of “Well There’s Your Problem”, bonus preview, but they’re worth a couple of bucks a month:

5 Likes

The absolute worst place to be unable to open a window
open window face GIF

5 Likes

Huh. So how does one person’s poo get all over the plane?

8 Likes

That’s a question I don’t want an answer to.

9 Likes

Where’s that “grimace” option…

7 Likes

As someone who has been dealing with a chronic GI issue that results in … some urgency to get to the bathroom not infrequently, my guess would be the diarrhea started and the passenger bolted for the bathroom, but it just kept coming all the way there. Some experience like this is my greatest fear right now, so I have some empathy for the passenger. When I know I’m going to be somewhere where an emergency of this nature would be bad, I start loading up on imodium two days beforehand. That’s probably not good for me, but I don’t know what else to do. I and my doctors have completely failed to diagnose the cause of my problems. It’s an embarrassing and humiliating problem to have. I’m glad the people making jokes about this don’t suffer similar problems. I hope they never do. So far, I’ve avoided any disasters of this scale, but it could happen to me.

27 Likes

oh, dear.
after many, many months of antibiotics for the surgeries in my shattered leg, my gut was bereft of the biome that we need. i feel for you, i do. it is most undignified to suffer that in any situation and an in-flight scare would be utterly humiliating.
may we never know such and hold some empathy for those less fortunate.

17 Likes

Thank you for explaining, and i hope relief arrives somehow for you soon.

Poo stories do often provoke humor somehow, even when empathy would be a better response.

10 Likes

Grimace GIF

1 Like

When you’re forc-ed to deplane
Because someone didn’t need to strain

Diarrhea

(Cha cha cha)

Diarrhea

1 Like

See this is why English teachers go on about precise and careful use of prepositions, because when you just hot-glue a bunch of words together like this you’re telling me what happened but I don’t know what happened.

I mean, I shat “all the way through” a sleeping bag once, but by Zeus I hope that’s not what we’re talking about here.

2 Likes