Fart rampage forces flight to make emergency landing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/19/fart-rampage-forces-flight-to.html

9 Likes

11 Likes

I saw a headline elsewhere for this incident that said “Passenger Refused to Stop Passing Gas” which made me furrow my brow a moment. How does one “stop” exactly? You think he/she wants to be farting up a storm?

22 Likes

1333087874354_1542762

7 Likes

Oh OH - its a DUTCH airline? Am I the first to make a Dutch Oven reference? I am! Score! Two internet points!

36 Likes

I wish they had this rule on Air Force 1…
Jus’ sayin’ the world would be a better place if it was true.

2 Likes

A pilot was forced to make an emergency landing after a row caused by a passenger who refused to stop farting.

This confused me, too. I have farted once or twice in my life (it was twice), but never on purpose.

9 Likes

I can’t inagine a lengthy flight like that where the gas is worse than some of the BO. I have had several 19 hour flights where the lavatories were a pleasant break for fresh air.

7 Likes

The progressive dutch won’t tolerate fart rape on their planes

1 Like

Exactly. And the pressure changes in flight can cause havoc in a sensitive (or a normal one, I guess) gut with gas already in it.
So, to be accurate, YES, I WANT TO BE FARTING UP A STORM in such circumstances given that the alternative is almost certainly a lot of gut pain, which will just get worse until the gas is allowed out.
So you’d rather put me in considerable personal pain than subject your nose to some temporary unpleasantness - ok, so we know where you are coming from…

4 Likes

9 Likes

Flight was filled with the Holy Spirit

6 Likes

Simple Dutch ingenuity to combine crop dusting with transportation.

3 Likes

Furthermore she articulated that if a woman was to fart in the presence of a man and the man responded by farting louder than the woman, than that would be rape.

I think someone is pulling my leg.

Either that or the word rape has lost all of its meaning.

3 Likes

PROTIP: don’t drink beer before - or during - a flight.

2 Likes

All four passengers have since been released, and were not arrested as they had not broken an Austrian laws.

Can confirm. Farting still legal in the state of Austria.

11 Likes

13 Likes

Thanks Obama

7 Likes

He was warned. He was given an explanation. Nevertheless, he persisted.

9 Likes

Welcome to academia

4 Likes