Flood destroys home of man who believes floods sent to punish gays

You didn’t get his title quite right. Among others, Fred Clark over at Slacktivist makes a point of always referring to him as “the liar Tony Perkins”.

10 Likes

I don’t feel so bad about the schadenfreude I’m experiencing now…

14 Likes

18 Likes

So I guess it’s “the trials of Job” versus “the punishment of Sodom”-- being the Bible scholar that he is he can pick whether god is punishing him or doing him a favor by helping him prove his faith.

Will the wonders never cease.

7 Likes

Now let’s not guess! No wait, yes let’s!

I say it’s as effective for him to have called the Vatican and asked if the Pope could use that Golden Telephone that Morrison got from Warhol and gave to John Paul so as to make the big hat mean something.

I don’t think Francis would take his call really, but a subordinate that disagrees with Francis might, and add it into one of Francis’s call sheets. Something along the lines of “So, Big Guy, was that flood in Tejas about that one guy being gay or testing the one guy? Got it, thanks!”

And then Perkins gets a fax from the Vatican advising him of his sexual preference.

Perfectly valid.

Neither of these concepts is related to spirituality amirite?

*flaps arms futilely “I can fly!”

2 Likes

I also find it ironic that Tony Perkins shares his name with actor Anthony Perkins.

2 Likes

The comparison is kind of an insult to the esteemed actor; he may have portrayed a psycho, but he wasn’t a judgmental dick.

8 Likes

Agreed. That’s why I find it ironic. Add to that the fact that the actor was bisexual, and he’s totally flipping off his name-sharer from his grave.

5 Likes

It couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

I would hope he would have been eaten by an alligator while escaping the flood waters, but that would be too cruel to the noble reptile.

There aren’t too many people I wish would drop dead from horrific cholera-like diarrhea typically contracted by flood waters. But Tony is definitely on the short list.

6 Likes

Karma is a concept of my religion, what’s your point?

You are incorrect with the latter.

That’s not flying nor believing, that’s typing “I can fly!”.

1 Like

The term has long since been appropriated in much American vernacular: a generalization meant to convey the sentiment that the consequences of a person’s words /actions will come back to bite them in the ass eventually.

10 Likes

I’m not using the vernacular.

1 Like

Okay.

11 Likes

Okay (x 2).

But I hope you’re okay with me using the vernacular: Lolz, Karma really bit the ass of that scammy, hypocritical and destructive Perkins dude!

(Shorter version, already noted above: Karma ran over his dogma.)

12 Likes

Isn’t it odd how the world does not revolve around any one person, and his or her preferences?

11 Likes

Based on what I’ve read, when God decides to start punishing people with disasters, there won’t be a question about it.

1 Like

A message from the omnipotent, stating something like this maybe?

4 Likes

Is there a word much stronger than schadenfreude for situations like this? Schadenyippee or something? German speakers, help us out.

8 Likes

And here I was allowing myself to wonder if floods were “sent” by mother nature to punish climate-change deniers. How much longer until they stop bothering to rebuild from water-related calamity in southern Louisiana?

4 Likes