Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Anybody else noticed that the box on the shelf behind Beau is labelled “not secret”?
I thought that was a nice touch.

9 Likes

til today i learned GIF by Justin

11 Likes

The governor of the great Commonwealth of Virginia.

13 Likes

Yeah. Went to the Mer de Glace (in France on the Swiss border) a couple of years ago. The easily reachable part was more like the Sea of Gravel than the Sea of Ice.

The viewing platform has a reproduction of a realistic 18th or 19th century painting showing the valley–from the same vantage point–essentially full to the top with glacier. Now, it’s an empty, stony valley with the tongue of the glacier visible a ways off up the valley :frowning_with_open_mouth:.

6 Likes

By not adopting the current Cali standards and just going with the national standards means that if you move to the many states that use those standards- you’re screwed.

You can’t register your car.

4 Likes
11 Likes

Project Nexus will provide the opportunity to see whether the solar panels reduce water evaporation as the result of midday shade and wind mitigation; create improvements to water quality through
reduced vegetative growth; reduce canal maintenance as a result of reduced vegetative growth; and of course, generate renewable electricity.

10 Likes

Project Nexus sounds kinda evil though.

10 Likes

Terrible name, it’s true.

7 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Their lives would be even worse if they elected a ‘Republican’ instead of him.

They can’t win for losing.

10 Likes
9 Likes

Huh.
He’s got an entry in the dictionary, I think, hang on… found it:

6 Likes
8 Likes
16 Likes

As I said to the friend who texted that to me earlier today:

People are doubling down on the belief that anything scientists tell them must be false.

They’re well into the ‘FA’ stage and nearly to the ‘and FI’ stage.

12 Likes

having lived there, i agree wholeheartedly with “DammitBobby” Hill…
that Phoenix should not exist!

10 Likes

With the whole Lower 48 vulnerable to “heat domes,” Alaska is starting to look good :thinking:

9 Likes

‘An existential dilemma’: Florida homeowners scramble as another major insurer exits

12 Likes