Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

11 Likes
10 Likes

As the world warms Buffalo becomes more vulnerable to extreme snow events. Since most of their snow is from lake-effect, a warmer lake wont freeze over as quickly allowing for lake-effect snowfall events to continue for longer.

11 Likes

Plus it’s making the summers a lot worse too with higher humidities leading to 4 to 4.5 months of swamp ass and an explosion of hogweed and hemlock in the area.

The “habitable zone” is still gonna be a miserable mess.

13 Likes
8 Likes
14 Likes

odd future lol GIF by JASPER & ERROL'S FIRST TIME

9 Likes

Bobs Burgers Lol GIF

7 Likes

9 Likes
5 Likes

how rising global temperatures are changing different regions of the country

And remember, my :us: cousins, that north of these “Top 10 Counties” is a dark, desolate, black void, where nothing exists… nothing lives… except maybe monsters…
:face_with_spiral_eyes:

7 Likes

But the monsters make poutine - so they’re alright.

5 Likes

Conservatives who were mocking global warming when the super blizzard thrashed two thirds of the mainland US earlier this week:

6 Likes

It’s kind of strange to me, I hadn’t heard anything about whether said super blizzard might be related to global warming. Previous years there was a lot of talk about the polar vortex, even if none of it gave the simple version, but this time I don’t think I’ve even heard the term.

For the record, the simple version is that cold Arctic air is sluggish and stays put, but warm Arctic air is more energetic and spills out. And warm Arctic air is still freezing by Texas’s standards.

8 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

It’s bad.

It’s Termination Shock (the book) except Neal Stephenson’s portrayal had a few moments of humor in it.

5 Likes

16 Likes
8 Likes

11 Likes