Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

7 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

Still baffles me how the states at highest risk from climate change seem to be the ones most determined to ignore it. Just makes no sense.

9 Likes

IMG_5551

6 Likes

First of all, mixes of policies that include both incentives to reduce carbon emissions and deterrents to generating emissions tended to be more effective than single policies, such as incentives, carbon pricing or regulations, alone. Secondly, it found that carbon pricing was more effective in the industrial and electricity sector, dominated by businesses, than in the building and transportation sector, where individual consumers make decisions about their homes and cars and mixes of “carrots” and “sticks” were key.

Original study:

Climate policies that achieved major emission reductions: Global evidence from two decades
Annika Stechemesser, Nicolas Koch, Ebba Mark, Elina Dilger, Patrick Klösel, et al…
Science, 22 Aug 2024, Vol 385, Issue 6711, pp. 884-8

4 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

ETA

6 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

thats unfortunately not funny, @docosc; its extremly likely that these fascists will gain a very substantial percentage of the votes with their anti-renewables-campaign. theres even is a real chance that the afd will be the strongest party after these 2 elections.

(e/ this isnt meant as critisism, just as clarification. I can see why someone would give this post a lol instead of whatever when just reading the teaser)

5 Likes

My guess is that @docosc did what I ALWAYS do and mistakenly clicked on the wrong reaction emoji. :laughing: is right above :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: (It’s super annoying how close these symbols are to one another.)

8 Likes
5 Likes

This is where I post a photo (that I don’t have) of our local church’s front yard plinth, on which is written: “This is a Sign from God”.

Traffic-jamming fog, hail scratching your McLaren, 50°C wafting through your now-broken windows… that’s a message …

3 Likes