Florida bans rainbow lighting on bridges as Pride Month approaches

Agreed.

11 Likes

Shine a white light, put a prism in front of it, call the result “blurry white”.

19 Likes

Freedom Summer?? WTF is that even supposed to mean?
Maybe it actually means French Summer in the same vein as Freedom fries.

15 Likes

I live in Texas. My Governor’s an idiot too! Small world!

9 Likes

This is obviously some strange usage of the word “freedom” I was previously unaware of.

5 Likes

Hopefully no joker illuminates the bridges in three horizontal bars with white on top, blue in the middle, red on the bottom. Hopefully those jokers don’t also leave some areas of the bars unilluminated via some sort of stencil, letting the natural bridge color through to spell out a phrase like “DeSantis :heart: Putin” or “DeSantis :heart: Trump, Trump <meh> DeSantis” or something similar.

5 Likes

Freedom “from” not freedom “to”. Usually spelled free-dumb.

2 Likes

The gaslighting way of saying “most oppressed state”. Florida, you need to break up with this governor, he’s clearly abusing you.

18 Likes

As always, the GOP is championing :cold_face: :peach:…for themselves.

5 Likes

Not really. They are celebrating their “freedom” from having to be reminded that there exist people who are not just like them. As usual, freedom for me but none for thee. Freedom for straight white men to rule over anyone else. All around, their usual schtick.

14 Likes

The ‘freest state in the nation’ tells people what colours they can use? Okaaaaaay.

7 Likes

Ah yes, the riveting, exhilarating masculinity, bravery and wisdom to defend FLORIDA (ahem) from COLORS (eh-heh-hem) that when combined in a specific order signify GAYNESS…. Truly defending the most important things in society. Guys, FYI it is gay to wipe your ass, eat quiche or bananas, look at rainbows or ask for directions. Do any of those things at your peril. We’re NOT SCARED of them, it’s just that they’re so embarrassing and GAY that thinking about them or looking at them will make you gay, which, again, we are NOT SCARED OF because we are tough guys.

7 Likes

Same as all the other fascists.

I wonder what fuckery Czar Abbott is gonna come up with to outdo DeSantis on this one…

5 Likes

Reminds me of this: The beatings will continue until morale improves.

2 Likes

Especially if six people (ahem– unknown to each other) each carry a light representing one particular color band of the rainbow and situate themselves separately and far enough apart on a bridge.

3 Likes

The Republicans just want to go back to when there were no colours and people weren’t queer.

8 Likes

14 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.