Florida cop charged with battery after choking fellow officer

Originally published at: Florida cop charged with battery after choking fellow officer | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That’s an exceptionally rare situation - a cop who commits violence against a peer who is trying to keep them from violating the law actually receiving consequences. I do hope it’s a sign of progress.

34 Likes

Don’t get too settled until we see what happens to her career in law enforcement.

22 Likes

He’s police, and his name is “Pullease”?

Oh, please.

27 Likes

True, but she wasn’t killed, run out of town, or summarily fired. That’s already progress.

18 Likes

Yeah, we also tend to see more situations like this ending with lawsuits. These scenarios involved cops shooting fellow officers, though:

9 Likes

Not related, but of course the cop “cage” car doesn’t have adequate foot room for suspects to sit in a reasonable position. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

What a shocker, the attacker is male and the target is female.

12 Likes

I’m astonished. Has anything like that ever happened before?

I don’t doubt she’s in for a barrage of harassment from fellow officers upset that she tarnished the reputation of a “good officer” by her unjustified complaints about what was clearly nothing more than a trivial case of strangulation.

14 Likes

Am I the only one who interpreted “charged with battery” to mean something else at first glance?

Also:

The assault charge against the civilian, who was being arrested on what authorities described as a violent felony when the incident occurred

FYI media, cops are civilians too. Much as they would like to position themselves as military special forces, they aren’t, and we should not pander to that image by using “civilians” only for non-cops.

15 Likes

Yet. 

4 Likes

Yeah, but this is seriously a bad situation.

1 Like

Remembering also that suspects are shoved in there with often over-tightened metal cuffs holding their arms behind their backs. There’s not really a comfortable way for anyone to ride around when restrained like that. I also can’t imagine what it would be like to get in an accident while detained in the back of a cruiser and not belted in or anything.

I’d have been zero percent sad if she’d “feared for her life” and shot him.

4 Likes

This police brutality is brought to you, in part, by REKNA, the backwards battery recharge solution for the pig on the go!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.