Indianapolis cop charged with battery after stamping on handcuffed suspect's face

Originally published at: Indianapolis cop charged with battery after stamping on handcuffed suspect's face | Boing Boing

6 Likes

He was coming right at me!

17 Likes

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.”

Once again, someone fails to understand that George Orwell was offering a cautionary message, not a plan of action.

33 Likes

“My foot was on a peaceful policing mission when it was violently intercepted by this individual’s face. I’m lucky I didn’t get a shin splint.”

18 Likes

This is the kind of crime that cops could formerly perpetrate with no fear of repercussions, but nowadays they’re charged and then acquitted. I join everybody here in hailing this progress, and regretting the inevitable backlash.

13 Likes

Remind me again. What crime is punishable by having your face stomped on by a civil servant?

7 Likes

“The police chief says he plans to fire Huxley.”

Is this like when my 9 year-old says that he plans to have ice cream for dinner?

20 Likes

The police chief says he plans to fire Huxley.

This is a nice change. In the past, the consequences for these incidents used to stop at suspension.

Now we need to move to the next step: a federal blacklist of LEOs who’ve been fired for brutality, so they can’t do what this dickhead is about to do and get hired at a PD one county over.

27 Likes

Storming the Capitol.

Wait, what?

6 Likes

He plans to fire him, but when the police union comes by I’m sure they’ll talk him out of it.

15 Likes

“Cop charged with battery”

And that was when they realized that face kicking mode is not the safest low power mode.

6 Likes

“Bad Apple” something something bullshit…

7 Likes

His face was resisting arrest?

1 Like

My first question is, why did the handcuffed guy get grabbed and thrown to the ground (and then get the foot to the face)? He was already handcuffed and he didn’t appear to be fighting or running at the start of the video.

3 Likes

And why is the cop who threw a handcuffed man backwards to the ground not on a charge of reckless endangerment or something?

7 Likes

Because they can. Prove that he’s a Man.

“To the citizen involved in this incident, my thoughts and prayers go out to you,” [chief] Randal Taylor said in a statement. “That interaction does not represent IMPD and the work our officers do each day to keep our community safe.”

You sure about that, chief?

7 Likes

I am happy to see this.

‘Stamping’ is far too mild a word. Never liked it.
Stomping is the word to use.

It wasn’t an ‘accident’, & he didn’t ‘kick’.

Doesn’t matter what you claim to have ‘mean’t’ to do. It’s what you did.
Buck up, Snowflake & take responsibility for your actions.

Oh? Just like you ‘placed’ your foot on his face?
If you have no more body control than that, then WhyTF should anyone trust you with a gun?

Good.
Too bad there is no National Registry of people forbidden to work as cops/guards in any capacity.
There would, of course, have to be severe penalties for hiring such people. Putting the likes of Eric Prince out of business would be nice.

9 Likes

It seems like BB alternates between “charged with battery” and “buy this battery charger” stories.

1 Like