Florida court orders a "parentless" teenager to carry a child to term

I want out of this alternate universe. There’s no gravity here, it just sucks!

6 Likes

although that will soon be an issue for her, her current issue is this:

According to the law, a health care provider cannot legally administer an abortion to a minor without written consent from a parent or legal guardian

and since she doesn’t have one, she was required to petition the court

11 Likes

You beat me to it.
I just can’t even anymore.

1 Like

You beat me to it, ZWB

2 Likes

It’s the only explanation for everything nowadays. :frowning:

2 Likes

I doubt it. The state is loath to spend money raising children. They will probably make her try to raise it herself and only intervene when she proves unable to do so, at which point they will probably prosecute her for neglect. That is the nightmare that they are creating for women in the US.

11 Likes

If the fetus is white or white passing, definitely. There are lots of white “christian” couples who want white babies.

10 Likes

Got to be a white baby. Call me a racist if you like.

Another reminder that the forced-birth crowd does not give a single fuck about the wellbeing of children, or mothers.

14 Likes

It’s Gary Busey and a goat, man, what’s your point?

3 Likes

At the point where they’ve been born, we’re talking about living human beings already being denied human and civil rights for a lifetime due to being pawns in the Christian Nationalists’ game. Don’t add to their pain.

9 Likes

You don’t even have to look that far! Have fun going down the BSE (Baby Scoop Era) rabbit hole, right here in the US.

ETA: this just popped up for me today, so here’s one example:

8 Likes

I really hope I’m reading this wrong. She isn’t mature enough to make the decision to abort an unplanned pregnancy, but supposedly she’s mature enough to go through pregnancy, delivery and raising a child (if she’s not planning on having it adopted).
I can’t even express how much this disgusts me. I think I even read somewhere that the judge was a woman!?!
FL is the recurring groin injury of America.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.