Lauren Boebert confirms that her son’s pregnant girlfriend is over 14 years old

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2023/03/13/lauren-boebert-confirms-that-her-sons-pregnant-girlfriend-is-over-14-years-old.html

7 Likes

Boebert really is going all in with the “think Sarah Palin but dumber and even more hateful” thing.

73 Likes

She’s probably either 14 or 15, I’m guessing… really fucking disgusting, not teaching your sons basic birth control that they could use to stop this from happening. This is the kind of world they want to build, where women are not full citizens, but broodmares starting from their teen years.

72 Likes

Yeah nobody says “she’s over 14” when they’re talking about a 19-year-old.

73 Likes

However old she is, I feel awful for that poor girl. She’s gonna be a teen mother, connected to one of the most hateful politicians going right now.

83 Likes

Definitely 14 and a half.

37 Likes

Today she’s over 14.

42 Likes

The reality is that it doesn’t matter if this girl was 14 or the same age as Boebert’s son… she should not be carrying a child to term. People think it’s just “natural”, but that shit tears you apart, and there is plenty of evidence to suggest that child birth is even more harmful to the bodies of teen girls.

67 Likes

Mrs. Christian seems proud of the unmarried unwed teen birth rates.

“However, abortion rates are higher in urban areas, and teen mom rates are higher in rural conservative areas because we understand the preciousness of the life that is about to be born.” - Lauren Boebert

29 Likes

Almost as if there is a connection between the conservative acceptance of early childhood pregnancy and the gQp’s efforts to remove child labor laws.

Make American Children Farm Hands Again? aka Rural Family Values.

26 Likes

Ugh. To me, “over 14” is the same as “14 going on 15”. The only point in bringing up 14 at all is to confirm, for the sake of legality, that she is within 4 years of the age of her impregnator, right?

31 Likes

JFC…
I can’t today.

10 Likes

So she may have only been 13 when she was raped.

31 Likes

Yeah. The weird phrasing she used really makes me think her son impregnated a 13 year old.

28 Likes

Absolutely. I was more pointing out the way these “good Christians” lie like children when they get caught. Knowing how they operate, this poor young woman will also be named by Boebert for publicity value – regardless of her age – when she thinks it will benefit her political career. A forced marriage is also possible at some point. There’s going to be psychological as well as physical damage.

The whole situation is depressing and disgusting.

33 Likes

I remember a study I read over 10 years ago that found that teens who were asked to envision the future they wanted, then asked to envision that future if they also had to care for a child (and what that would entail emotionally and financially). After that exercise, the teens were provided with comprehensive fact based abC sex education. The study followed up over five years and found that most of the teens were practicing abstinence, and the ones who were sexually actively were using birth control.

Providing fact based sex ed led to the outcome Boebert and her fundamentalist peers want. But of course family planning is not really what they want. Like you said, they want babies as punishment, and broodmares to fill those pews.

27 Likes

i think that was @Akimbo_NOT 's phrasing. i didn’t see that in the actual quote

8 Likes

I don’t know why you’re all so upset. She’s already 168 months old, for crying out loud!

I mean if she’s a Girl Scout, she’s probably already a Cadette level if not a Senior, and in only two short years she’ll be eligible to be an Ambassador.

Of course providing for her offspring might prove challenging. Colorado’s child labor laws are clear: “Overall work limitations for those under 16 are: no more than three hours on a school day, a limit of eight hours on a non-school day, and no work time in excess of 18 hours during a school week.”

11 Likes

If it’s a boy you can bet that its name will be inspired by a firearm; probably something like Colt, Ruger or Wesson.

19 Likes

Hmmm, that’s almost like saying “big cities have reproductive services that small towns don’t.”

19 Likes