Lauren Boebert goes on another screwy Christian rant

Originally published at: Lauren Boebert goes on another screwy Christian rant | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Jesus Take The Wheel Omg GIF by Miss Lizz

16 Likes

THEN WHY ISN’T IT WORKING?!!

17 Likes

It needs more cowbell guns.

10 Likes

The world will try to rehabilitate the hell out of you, teach the hell out of you, parents may try to whip the hell out you, but I wish she would shut the hell up.

14 Likes

Here’s the thing. I grew up among these people. I was born into an Evangelical family. But I can’t understand this.

I googled my former youth ministers and they were celebrating the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

I can’t even fathom that. Haven’t they learned anything in the last 30 years?

I know that I haven’t learned much, but at least I know how to get along with others, how to discern reality from mythology, how to apply ancient lessons to modern times. Things change! You can’t go word-for-word. And Jesus didn’t preach these kinds of attitudes at all. They weren’t listening even back then!

Up until very recently, I thought it was possible to reason with these people, to come to them with understanding, to have discourse. I get you. I was one of you… but you can’t go on this way…

I don’t think that’s possible anymore. I can only see it becoming an ugly fight. An ugly, bloody fight.

18 Likes

rlgion

30 Likes

ugh.

6 Likes

Disappointed but not surprised that she won her primary yesterday. Pretty much guarantees her reelection in November. Colorado 3rd district is heavily rural and very, very red.

Angry Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

C’mon Adam!

8 Likes

Who’s the bigger idiot: Boebert or the Republicans who voted for her again?

9 Likes

Why not both?

14 Likes

“You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability He hates you. It’s not the worst thing that could happen.”

Tyler Durden

10 Likes

Do we have any sense whether she actually believes the nonsense she spouts? Is she genuinely religious, or is she just talking the talk for the sake of political advantage?

6 Likes

A little of column A.
A little of column B.

4 Likes

She might be onto something- I think I can see why her parents didn’t love her.

13 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be working for her. Every action she takes screams “straight to hell in a handbasket or whichever conveyance”. Assuming Hell actually exists of course.

4 Likes

I’m worried for her kids.

6 Likes

That’s the heart of the religious right. Do not learn! Listen to your betters and obey mindlessly. This is why they hate schools and colleges so much. Critical thinking and facts destroy their stupidity.

9 Likes

I like the subliminal use of ‘Q’ for her party affiliation. I’m hoping for a nice split into ‘Q’ and ‘R’ in the coming elections.

4 Likes

:clown_face::eyes:

1 Like