Rep. Lauren Boebert tells Christian audience she prays that Biden's "days be few"

Originally published at: Rep. Lauren Boebert tells Christian audience she prays that Biden's "days be few" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I pray that Boebert’s days in prison be very long indeed.

28 Likes

Why do Christians let their religion be smeared with the stain of politics? It objectively makes their devotion, their religion worse.

16 Likes

Quite the Christian. Has she even read the New Testament?

10 Likes

She’s not talking to Christians. She’s pandering to Xtianists who are members of a death cult.

29 Likes

Because lying, bigotry and self aggrandizement is more on brand for mainstream Christianity than they care to admit to.

5 Likes

“Never trust anyone who has only read one book”
-Arturo Perez-Riverte, Purity of Blood (a novel set during the Spanish Inquisition)

10 Likes

Barring a time machine she’s praying for the impossible – which, IIRC, is forbidden. And the penalty for that is, by the book, death.

8 Likes

Wow. I had no idea she was such a big supporter of Kamala Harris.

25 Likes

Truly, we are not that far off from the Leviticans of Ameristan from Neal Stephenson’s Fall, or Dodge in Hell:

"The church that was built on the lie of the Crucifixion . . . had two basic tenets. One was the lovey-dovey Jesus who went around being nice to people—basically, just the kind of behavior you would expect from the kind of beta who would allow himself to be spat on, to be nailed to a piece of wood. The second was this notion that the Old Testament no longer counted for anything, that the laws laid down in Leviticus were part of an old covenant that could simply be ignored after, and because, he was nailed up on that cross. We have exposed all that as garbage. Nonsense. A conspiracy by the elites to keep people meek and passive. The only crosses you’ll see in our church are on fire, and the symbolism of that has nothing to do with the KKK. It means we reject the false church that was built upon the myth of the Crucifixion.”

8 Likes

Christianity is a kooky religion, but for its adherents, including Representative Boebert and President Biden, the afterlife is a thing to look forward to.

3 Likes

Remember, that she represents Colorado’s 3rd district. Don’t forget the blame goes also to the voters of said.

6 Likes

She’s read a version of the New Testament, but it might not be the one we are familiar with.

13 Likes

I guarantee you anybody else pulled that gag they’d have the Secret Service crawling up their intestines due to a perceived threat.

17 Likes

Is the proper response, “Bless her heart?”

3 Likes

ObQuirk!

I knew exactly what Bumblebert was referencing when I read the headline, because I recently saw a car with a sticker that said “Biden Psalm 109:8” and looked it up. I don’t know what it says about a group of people that can’t just come out and say they don’t like the man (see: Let’s Go Brandon), but if they’re worried about retribution, it’s not like they’re fooling anyone.

6 Likes

Nothing new here:

7 Likes

I’ll pray for her.
“May God give her the honesty, sanity, intelligence and strength of character in the next life which has certainly eluded her in this one”.

10 Likes

Can we get some stickers with Trump Proverbs 30:2-3? Or for any Trumpist who runs in an election on his behalf?

Surely I am too stupid to be human;
I do not have human understanding.
I have not learned wisdom,
nor have I knowledge of the holy ones.

14 Likes