Rep. Lauren Boebert tells Christian audience she prays that Biden's "days be few"

Honestly though, how many of us have wished for similar things?

I’ve wished that Trump would eat one too many hamburgers and keel over, way too many times to count.

Granted, Boebert is an elected official and should know better…

3 Likes

It’s all just talk. Who knows if either one truly believes in Sky Jebus. (Only Sinema is listed as being unaffiliated with any religion. )

4 Likes

For someone who is so casually imprudent around guns, I’m sorely surprised Beobert’s days haven’t been few. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Only one side believes that the current president is a usurper and illegally “occupying” the white house. That gives this a whole different spin that is treasonous and dangerous. This sort of BS could spawn a very real assassination attempt in the current environment.

8 Likes

I don’t put it on a bumper stick and shout it while waving an AR15 in the air? I don’t advocate “second amendment” remedies for my grievances against republicans? And while I won’t deny I feel unchairable thoughts about the criminals, grifters, fascists, and traitors that make up the overwhelming majority of the GOP, I really try to merely wish them a long, happy, safe, and quiet retirement far from the public eye, and for those for whom it is appropriate, in prison.

2 Likes

May her Book of Life be edited down to a short story.

4 Likes

Get a clue, BoBo. Your personal hit-man is ghosting you.

1 Like

For a good chunk of American (right-wing) Christians, their religion, their notion of “Christianity,” consists of “whatever beliefs I happen to hold.” So politics is, in a very real sense, their religion. (Sometimes they pick and choose some Bible stuff to justify it, but mostly not.)

7 Likes

I think it’s more likely that Boebert will have an accident while peering down the gun barrel of one of her assault rifles to see if there are any bullets left. Or perhaps sticking a fork into an electrical outlet, like an unattended toddler.

4 Likes

The huge difference is that we’re just regular civilians without a taxpayer-supported platform. And also, whatever I might wish in the dark recesses of my heart, I actively try not to instigate violence on anyone else, no matter how vile they might be.
So, yeah, it’s nice in some ways to try to relate, but don’t fool yourself into thinking it’s at all similar in terms of real world consequences for the targets of our, perhaps, uncharitable thoughts!

8 Likes

I would prefer “I think Lauren Boebert is a colossal asshole and unfit to held her position, and I pray that justice will come down on her like a ton of bricks.”

You know, thoughts and prayers.

3 Likes

Oh shit, i honestly missed the r in peering.

5 Likes

You can tell if it’s loaded or not by the sound of the splash.

4 Likes

Read? There’s the problem.

My favorite prayer/curse certainly applies to that idiotic, ignorant, drunken driving, black magic-practicing evil creature:

May she very quickly reach complete Enlightenment.

5 Likes

Hopefully, she will learn that thoughts and prayers simply don’t work.

3 Likes

To be fair, pre-2020 I’ve seen the same verse bumper-stickered as a “Prayer for Trump”.

1 Like

I feel like there is a difference between having a coworker you hate and saying you wish they’d die over drinks with friends, and standing up at a meeting and making a joke about how you pray for their death.

I think one might also point out that it is an extremely weak joke. She should quit her day job, but not to go into stand up.

6 Likes

As all the republicans basically collectively shout “Won’t someone rid us of this troublesome president?” it’s really getting annoying watching Garland do nothing :frowning:

He should be indicting all these assholes.

2 Likes

Cracked’s Dan O’Brien got interviewed by Secret Service Agents and place on a no-fly list for writing a gag article about kidnapping Obama’s daughter.

6 Likes