Poor Lauren Boebert is "tired of this separation of church and state junk"

Originally published at: Poor Lauren Boebert is "tired of this separation of church and state junk" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Just when I think I’ve heard the most ignorant thing out of her…

40 Likes

Come back tomorrow.

*sigh

53 Likes

"There. . . there’s two things you don’t talk about, one’s politics, the other’s religion. The reason you don’t talk about them is they’re combined in each other. . . know what I’m sayin? "

“Do you know how many time zones there are in the Soviet Union?”

13 Likes

eleven.

14 Likes

“Ee-leven. It’s not even funny.”

10 Likes

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

They want to force their religion on others, but they don’t want it to apply to them.

28 Likes

It’s ridiculous

6 Likes

Ah, the Wilhoit Principle again:

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. …There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time

I have also seen this summarised as:

We can do what we want.
You can do what we want.

35 Likes

They really only read that one amendment in the Constitution.

9 Likes

And not even the whole thing. They always seem to forget “well regulated”

21 Likes

As we’re seeing right now, the breakdown of separation between church and state is one of the most dangerous things that can happen to the USA. This sort of talk should immediately disqualify her from holding any elected office, for life. I’d say exile from the USA would be even better, but the first one is so reasonable that nobody could possibly argue with it- who would ever think that someone clearly in opposition to the basic, core principles of the United States should be allowed into a position of political power? Why, what’s next, an entire political party that’s openly treasonous and anti-democratic?

36 Likes

… which church though :confused:

19 Likes

Sounds Taliban-esque.

12 Likes

why the only one that matters of course

( if only. sigh )

37 Likes

HEATHEN!

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only true religion. Bless his noodly appendage.

18 Likes

OTOH - there is some good news.

28 Likes

Then she’s like “Hold my beer and my gun! On second thought, just hold my beer!”

4 Likes

19 Likes

A lot of us are tired of a lot of things, Bobo. It’s time for you to go away… far away.

6 Likes