Lauren Boebert goes on another screwy Christian rant

Fascists don’t go away if you ignore them. Especially when they’re already in office, and just won their primary. We ignore them at our peril.

7 Likes

I read this in Christopher Walken.

2 Likes

If she is “genuine” it’s in the same way as those evangelicals who scream angry slurs at buses of migrant children. Which is to say, more deluded than genuinely practicing the gospel.
She married a guy who exposed his tattooed penis in public to a couple of teenage girls while he was on a date with her. I mean…:woman_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

Well, uh, I’m sure he had a perfectly good reas- … uh … I mean … maybe if we looked at the larger context, we’d find that … uh … that is, I … he … wait …

Wait …

… motherfucker did WHAT?

9 Likes

You can ask this of any of the qnut assholes in any of their bullshit.

In business people lie and cheat and steal and abuse and take advantage… and politics is a business, it’s not public service.

3 Likes
4 Likes

unfortunately i think they did. they weren’t always anti-abortion after all

https://www.counterpunch.org/2022/06/21/the-southern-baptists-changing-positions-on-abortion/

The Convention expressed support for abortion in certain cases throughout the 1970s, until a more conservative wing seized control in the 1980s.

anti abortion used to be a mostly catholic position until evangelicals made it their own. a purely deliberate political stance to radicalize conservative voters. and, unfortunately, it’s been working

5 Likes

I’m currently reading Rick Perlstein’s Invisible Bridge and he discusses this. I was most conscious of my church’s politics in the 80s, after the conservatives had changed pretty much everything.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.