Florida family indicted for selling toxic industrial bleach as a cure for COVID-19, cancer, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, autism, malaria, hepatitis, Parkinson’s, herpes, HIV

Yeah, but desperate people grasp at straws.

I’d offer as evidence all of the blatantly ridiculous “cancer cures” that, unfortunately, many dying people attach their last hopes to before succumbing to potentially terminal conditions (I say “potentially” because some are actually treatable if you don’t go with the woo, and actually listen to your oncologist…).

If you don’t understand science/medicine, I can get how it would be hard to separate the woo from actual effective treatment.

I absolutely do not get musicals, and have zero capacity to tell what makes one good, and another a rotten piece of shit (if you’re a fan of musicals, don’t ask me how they all sound to me…).

1 Like
1 Like

Heck, I’m a big proponent of science-based medicine and I started to find a relative’s description of “inflammation” as being bad (and that the mRNA vaccines caused it and were also bad) compelling. It’s really easy to get caught up in the spell of a confident person speaking with certainty. Human psychology sets us up to for it. So I agree it’s wrong to assume that people who fall for woo are dumb. I don’t think we should take any Schadenfreude out of their falling for a deadly scam.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response and ‘fair point, well made’. I get the clutching at straws scenario as I’ve seen it too many times and sadly also very recently.

I guess I was blindly hitting out in anger and conflating the supplier with the demand/victims of the scam. Maybe a more helpful query would be questioning the support systems that fail to adequately provide a clearer path that steers the vulnerable away from these scum of the earth perpetrators.

2 Likes

Grenon calls himself “Archbishop” in Humble’s Genesis “church”… Humble is co-Archbishop. Grenon was the main front-man for the scam at least as far back as the Surrey bust in 2015, and he seems to handle all the organisational and distribution details (while Humble is content to lie low in Mexico, sometimes releasing videos and watching the moneys pour in).

Yes, Humble was the instigator of the grift, and stole the basic concept of a pseudo-religious packaging from Hubbard from the time he spent as a $cientologist (along with a lot of its accompanying mythology), learning how it operates. I can believe that Grenon was co-founder, though.

UPDATE: I forget to link to “the Surrey bust”.

2 Likes

Looks like the Grenon clan saw the COVID-19 pandemic as a marketing opportunity. Lemons, lemonade. So much so that they decided to ignore the cease-&-desist letter from the FDA. Not a good plan.

It’s also possible that Humble is getting on in age, none-too-stable to start within, and Grenon has eased himself in as co-founder of the grift, positioning himself for when Humble kicks the bleach bottle.

Succession is always a tricky problem for cults the first couple of times.

3 Likes

When you get yourself a Presidential Endorsement, it’s hard to let it go to waste.

3 Likes

Who else is there as competition? The equally-vile Kerri Rivera ended in court for pimping bleach enemas as a cure for autism, and she had the sense to more-or-less abide by her promise to stop promoting it (except privately, or outside the US). Most of her frauding these days involves different supplement scams.

Leonardo Edwards fled to Portugal after the UK authorities took his infant child into care (to end the bleaching abuse). Seems to focus now on GoFundMe fundraisers for himself, and selling a Sovereign-Citizen book explaining how Quantum Grammar will allow you to win pesky court cases and tax claims [Offer not eligible for child-custody cases]

2 Likes

Who knows, and it’s not like he can copyright industrial bleach and sue spin-offs like Scientology.

“Holy Church of Christ Bleach Without Christ Humble,”

1 Like

Well… you know if we had something like socially supported, quality, free healthcare for all or some crazy commie shit like that (looking at you communist Japan!), then maybe those afflicted with horrible diseases wouldn’t feel forced to flock to woo peddlers.

I mean there will always be people who pride themselves in not being “sheeple” and will fight the terminal fight against “big medicine”, but I highly suspect that if we had quality affordable (or free) healthcare for all, then maybe we’d see less of them.

1 Like

Even New Zealand has bleach-pimp vermin.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.