Florida health official suspended for daring to tell staff their vax rate was low

They need to get over that fear, they don’t even have this 1/3 they’re fretting over (no way is it up to 1/2). Possibly a few in that 1/3 rage watch actual news outlets once in a while, but it’s not a big enough market share to bother with. Once people fall into the Faux rabbit hole, they can’t seem to climb back out and only sink deeper into the even worse fake news channels/websites.

13 Likes

Roger Ailes was as diabolically brilliant coming up with that whole “Fair and Balanced” tagline as the other outlets were cowardly in nodding along with it as an ideal.

Really it was going on before then. I remember grinding my teeth in the 1980s when I saw a “both sides” story about teaching creationism as an alternative theory to evolution in high school science classrooms.

21 Likes

Republican murder language.

Frank Luntz is a weapon against democracy in the United States.

8 Likes

Only when it comes to white men. The rest of us are unable to make decisions about our own bodies, because they considered us lesser than.

they believe that all experts (people who spend years studying a particular issue or topic) are merely coastal elites who aren’t really any more knowledgeable than them - they are a suspect class. They view all knowledge as merely opinions that they get to weigh in on via social media and that their opinions are just as legitimate as someone who spent 10 years in school for a particular thing.

21 Likes

If you don’t live in the bat shit crazy places, please don’t visit. As long as tourists go, no locals care.

Its even more blatant than that. They want choice when their preference is contrary common wisdom, and they don’t want to allow choice where it helps them keep a grip on power. Women and minorities are the usual victims of this, but they’ll discriminate against anyone or anything that is inconvenient to them.

2 Likes

Maybe each county in Georgia is a country unto itself on this map?
I do recall a friend once lamenting that there was such a focus on ‘local government’ (or maybe it was small) in Georgia, that towns and counties were responsible for some services that a state would normally handle or at least help fund. The problem with that being that funding was limited to what revenue the town or county could come up with.

2 Likes

Oh, I assume some of our counties believe that they are already… (looking at you, Polk co., lots of parts of Floyd co…). They really don’t want to be “ruled” by the metro area, which has grown over the past 20 years and has more people than the rest of the state at this point. Jokes on them, since so many people who live in those counties often commute to the metro area for work…

Yeah, that is a real problem.

6 Likes

and bragging about doing “research”, which seems to consist of watching wildly inaccurate youtube videos and facebook posts. They view this information as legit because it’s often pulled from the platforms, which they take as evidence it’s valuable info the Deep State is trying to suppress.

3 Likes

2 Likes

15 Likes

What we’re witnessing here is this notion of American Exceptionalism™ being taken to it’s toxic conclusion. Follow the logic:

1. Only shiat-hole countries have pandemics
  2. America is not a shiat-hole country
  3. Therefore, all this talk about vaccines and masks is just those dirty liberals trying to tear down America’s greatness.
5 Likes

Maybe it’s more an international reference to the actual country of Georgia?

Where as I imagine most of the US population, when they hear Georgia mentioned in media, think US Southern state not country.

1 Like

A wise woman once said:

Fuck This Shit

And she lived happily ever after.

(From the coffee mug I got for my wife for her birthday)

8 Likes

Literally same to everything here.

3 Likes

That kinda depends on your POV, though.
Some people regard ‘1984’ as a warning. Others see it as an instruction manual.

If/when they control who counts the votes, then your wishes don’t matter.

How about several rows of dark stars, with one white star?
Or maybe just a longer row of stars…

Six Flags Over Georgia
Georgia’s not alone, though. They got 'em all over.
The bastards bought Astroworld & promptly shut it down. Unforgiveable.
_
I don’t remember seeing the State Flag of Florida before {I know I have, just can’t recall when}.
It sure reminds me of another flag, for some reason…

2 Likes

maybe the flag of the Spanish Armada? (Spain held the Florida territory until 1822)

btw: it has nothing to do with that other flag you seem to reference. thank you for your consideration.

4 Likes

See? This is what happens when you push for a more than 50% rate of Florida Man. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.