Florida health official suspended for daring to tell staff their vax rate was low

Originally published at: Florida health official suspended for daring to tell staff their vax rate was low | Boing Boing

4 Likes

DeSantis has been taking all the wrong lessons from the history of Stalinism.

30 Likes

how completely florida of them to decide to go after the official who called out irresponsible government employees because it went against the narrative of nothing to see here. excuse me to any floridians who have put public health and safety above their own freedums, but what a cesspool that state is.

21 Likes

19 Likes

So in FL, a “vaccine mandate” would be “hey, dude, vaccines are a good idea. You really should get it done!” OK, words don’t actually mean anything.

31 Likes

I live in Florida. It has been shocking to me to see just how completely our Gov. has acted against the wishes of 50% of the Florida population that did not vote for him, and just how religiously he has acted to execute the T**** playbook. I support Nicki Fried with my money and my time, and who I hope will manage to get out the vote to retrieve the state from the tyranny of the Villages mentality.

He’s every bit as stupid and despicable uncaring as he is depicted.

27 Likes

Even one star is too much.

35 Likes

“Countries”?

:thinking:

21 Likes

Remember. Conservatives love to cry about the other side being ‘snowflakes’ whenever they’re confronted with uncomfortable facts.

16 Likes

Yeah, I saw that too. :man_shrugging: COVID Fog affecting some graphic designer perhaps?

11 Likes

I mean, it’s very true we have a shit load of counties… but no countries…

13 Likes

Maybe Paul Pino will follow in Rebekah Jone’s footsteps and run for office.

15 Likes

They love projection.

13 Likes

Isn’t the conservative argument that they can make their own, informed, decision about their own bodies? How are they supposed to do that without information like this?

12 Likes

DeSantis’s covid policy:
machine socks GIF

23 Likes

Oldie but goodie:

Politics, health care, climate, abortion, guns, on and on infinitum… They don’t care about “information”.

27 Likes

He was clear, they love their poorly educated voters.

19 Likes

I know some of the people responsible for this suspension will claim they’re trying to be “neutral” with regard to vaccines but a ban on even discussing getting vaccinated implies that there’s something wrong with vaccines.

Which, I also know, is the real intent. I’d just like to see an end to the ridiculous myth that there are two equal sides in the fight over vaccines.

18 Likes

I would too, but the corporate media will keep pushing this bogus idea of “balance” out of pants-pissing fear they’ll lose 1/3 to 1/2 of their audience.

11 Likes

…all while promoting ignorance…

4 Likes