Florida man, shot in chest by former lover, takes selfie

The article states that the victim may be mentally impaired, which explains his poor decision making. More importantly, the prosecution declined to press charges against the shooter, even though the victim was shot through the chest! That is the real takeaway from this story.

Maybe he was trying to take a picture of his attacker but accidentally used the front facing camera? And ended up with selfie of the year.

We are talking about Florida Man, the World’s Worst Super Hero.

3 Likes

If only he used FrontBack.

1 Like

so confused here, is this the selfie?

&I’m not sure who to root for?

Is she the evil seductress luring him over with intent to kill

or is he the ex-lover over possessive stalker

I’m calling hoax

this is probable just shameless gorilla marketing for the remake of Body Heat

1 Like

this is what i was thinking, too. “whoops, front-facing camera turned on…”

Why would being shot in the chest be important on whether someone is charged with something or not? Other than being shot in the back, I can’t think of shot placement being relevant.

From the article, sounds like the guy didn’t take “no” for an answer. “A week before the shooting, she sought an injunction for protection against Noll.”

1 Like

Why would he do that? He’s in HER house. We know who the victim - er - attacker is.

Can you imagine the world of right-wing internet trolling if America were castrated of the WTF state? It’d be insufferable.

“I is ded. LOL”

1 Like

Why does it matter where he was shot? He survived so it wasn’t murder. Beyond that there is no legal or moral significance to the location of the wound, as long as it wasn’t in the back or something like that. It would be pretty fucked up to charge or sentence people based on marksmanship.

I could see happening that in some states.

" Weeeeelll, we was gonna sentence you to fifteen years, but that’s some real purty shootin’, so we just gonna give you ten."

Marks for artistic interpretation?

1 Like

Either that’s a serious low-rider, or that woman’s bike has some comically tall handlebars.

1 Like

If a person survives someones attempt to kill them it is called Attempted Murder or at the minimum Manslaughter. My point in describing the gun shot to the chest is that she obviously was aiming to kill. The article does not say he broke in, only that he tripped the alarm because she had changed the code. She knew he was unbalanced, and used the easily misinterpreted text she sent, and the alarm as pretext to try to kill him under the stand your ground law. She is a smart lady.

1 Like

Do keep in mind that somebody who’s been shot and is in the process of passing out from shock is not likely to be particularly clearheaded.

Screwed up priorities but its a once in a lifetime (hopefully) event.

This makes the photo I took of my hand after I got stitches a few weeks ago seem like the work of a piker.

Certainly fits with the “tireless narcissist” leanings of his coulda-been-final act…