The causes of selfie-related fatalities

[Read the post]

2 Likes

This makes me so sad. I feel so sorry for all the families and loved ones of these folks. My heart goes out, honestly.

4 Likes

It appears that the primary cause of selfie-related fatalities is Putin’s Russia.

3 Likes

What’d he do with his human?

5 Likes

Somehow does this make me think about ‘Darwin Awards’.

10 Likes

Interesting, I would have thought narcissism would have been the leading cause.

11 Likes

As a ski patroller, I’m seeing more and more attempts at this as snowboarders go ripping down steep runs with more attention to their camera than to the terrain or traffic – and that includes two epic wrecks this year alone.

6 Likes

In Russia selfie takes you? I don’t see how else that picture is a selfie.

(Yes, I can read, but I wanted to make a Yakov Smirnov joke.)

10 Likes

You found him! So sad…

18 Likes

Roger That!

1 Like

Causation or correlation? All the examples are dudes.

2 Likes

Well, there’s a correlation between dude-dom and risk taking. I would speculate that women are more likely to die of texting while driving w/r/t cell phone use.

2 Likes

Russia actually put out a selfie-warning pamphlet last year.

Here is part in the original Russian. Go figure.

2 Likes

Hey, that is a Vizsla! Great bird dogs. Hungarian Hunting Hounds.

1 Like

Not a selfie, but - on the Ka’au Crater trail here, while trying to get a better angle on a landscape photo, a woman stepped right off the edge of a cliff, at the top of a waterfall. She did not survive.

Yes, had 3 when I owned a ranch, I couldn’t believe it when the local pound had all 3 up for adoption, wonderful animals. They retrieve, track, and point, very well.

1 Like

Wow 3! Yes I thought they were great dogs growing up. And their hair is so short you don’t have such a mess shedding. And they are very pretty with their rust color.

I’d almost call the building-dangler a suicide. Maybe he didn’t deliberately let go, but if he was making a habit of hanging off tall buildings by one arm, he probably wasn’t in his right mind and didn’t care much whether he lived or died.

2 Likes

Eh - there are lots of people who do extreme things that are in their right mind. Rock climbing is dangerous. Free rock climbing even more so. But not really suicidal.

7 Likes

Talking to self: “A little further back please. Just a little further. One more step baaaaaaaa…”

2 Likes