Florida mom's radical new approach to assaulting a child

Originally published at: Florida mom's radical new approach to assaulting a child | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Is Florida just a zany cartoon?

15 Likes

Pictured: the man of the house.

14 Likes

Between Florida [Man|Woman|Mom|Congressgoblin] and inedible pythons, what exactly is the mercury content in Lake Okeechobee?

17 Likes

The report says Riddle had the boxing glove on her hand when she arrived at the school and had told the school it was super glued to her wrist and she couldn’t remove it.

However you look at this story, “good judgment” is obviously not in this woman’s parental toolbox. Super glue, on the other hand…

[yes, I see what I did there. Couldn’t be helped.]

22 Likes

Mom Bad is just the worst.

strong-bad

37 Likes

beat me to it.

How does he (she) type with boxing gloves on?

8 Likes
17 Likes

The only source about the superglue appears to be the suspect herself. I’m not inclined to believe the claim was true based on that source alone.

12 Likes

Yes but on the other hand it isn’t all that unbelievable for Florida Woman

7 Likes

I’m 19 minutes too late to post that exact statement with a different picture. I feel both robbed and proud.

4 Likes

Some of the worst bullies at my kids school also had the worst mothers I have seen. The encouraged their behavior.

The report says Riddle had the boxing glove on her hand when she arrived at the school and had told the school it was super glued to her wrist and she couldn’t remove it.

What? What? How? Why? I am not a boxing expert, but that isn’t something they do, is it?

9 Likes

She’s gonna have fun getting that glove off. I suppose she could use acetone. She should just make sure to light a cigarette first, to hide the fumes.

9 Likes

Was it a premeditated gluing?

I would at least love to hear the absurd scenario she has to explain how this occurred.

Was her kick-boxing class in the arts and crafts area of a daycare?
Did she loose her oven mitt in the middle of building a model and that cake really had to get out of the oven?
Was she pranked into it by a neighborhood rascal that said there was a $20 bill stuck in there?

8 Likes

Now let’s not rush to judgment and condemn this woman without hearing all the facts. This is America, folks, and she deserves to be heard. Perhaps The pummeling that teenage girl received was well deserved.
Now if the woman had secreted an anvil or horseshoes in the glove beforehand that might be problematic.

1 Like

I think we should assume the null hypothesis with regard to the boxing glove, and assume her statement was untrue unless some evidence other than the word of a woman who thinks punching children is a good idea.

2 Likes

I’d like to think she was going to glue gloves to both hands, but after attaching the first one she couldn’t glue on the second one.

27 Likes

Hey, no victim-blaming. Lake Okeechobee didn’t do anything to you!

6 Likes
10 Likes

Surprised we haven’t seen the “Sorry Teacher my cellphone/lighter/gun is glued to me” excuse more often.

1 Like