Florida Republicans continue their march toward Gilead

Originally published at: Florida Republicans continue their march toward Gilead | Boing Boing

8 Likes

and they do so with glee

18 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Disney v. Gilead

The Republican Party is the real “Death Panel”.

19 Likes

On a scale of 0 being not Fascist at all, to 10 being full blown Fascist, DeSantis rates at least a 13.

19 Likes

Narrator voice: “It turns out, it was inside them all along!”

3 Likes

Disney is making money hand-over-fist in their parks (including far too much my own!). Many districts in Florida are filled with people the republicans wanted there, and businesses continue to function there. The new board members aren’t going to risk Disney deciding to look elsewhere for future development and they can do jack shit about existing development.

And all of this is pretty damned irrelevant compared to the coordinated attack against Women the state is engaging in right now. Let’s stay on-topic, please.

12 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Disney v. Gilead

The states in America used to be called “the laboratories of democracy”. DeSantis’ FLorida is a different type of lab.

11 Likes

Yeah, and what they are testing should be banned immediately.

12 Likes

When (oh when) will red murkuh finally twig to the clearly obvious that bipedal slimes like deathSantis are actually Soros Chavez “lib” Illuminati agents installed to haul the right rightward over the cliff into a party of losing losers?

5 Likes

If you want to use Breaking Bad as a point of reference (because why not), on one side you have Gus Fring’s pristine multimillion dollar and state of the art superlab. On the other you have Declan’s dumpy meth lab in a bus buried under a few inches of desert sand. I think we all know which one represents DeSantis.

4 Likes

Florida will end up underwater before that happens. Although that’s in part because it’s going to be underwater sooner rather than later because of people like DeSantis et al. The circle of life/death?

4 Likes

They’re already losing many national, and in some cases state-wide elections… but party loyalty, knowing when and where to deploy bigotry, and gerrymandering is keeping a lot of places red.

10 Likes

and disaster relief too.

that said, it still surprises me how he won by such wide margins. my impression was that florida’s always been a swing state, and yet now it seems wildly red. i don’t really understand why

6 Likes

Next step will be to make abortions illegal; then classify miscarriages as abortions & make them felonies.
Won’t be surprised for a ‘No Egg Wasted’ Act to be proposed that would prosecute periods after granting eggs full personhood.
Won’t someone think of the eggs?

Of course, no such laws would apply to sperm…

Good luck with that!

I dunno… maybe sue the bastards for trying to practice Medicine without a license?

2 Likes

At least 13? So 14 or an 88.

Every accusation is a confession with these people. I’m going with clandestine election tampering (on top of their legislative and procedural election f*ckery). Unlike them, I’ll freely admit I have no evidence for that claim instead of making something up.

2 Likes

I see what you did there. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.