Florida youth pastor threatened to call ICE on girl and family while coercing girl into sex, say police

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/26/florida-youth-pastor-threatene.html

6 Likes

20 Likes

As a progressive I guess I am always supposed to be against the death penalty. I understand why. But fucker’s like this guy make me feel a little less progressive.

33 Likes

I think this should be punishable with a life sentence. How do you fix someone like this guy? It’s easier with murderers, because sometimes they kill under influence or in anger. This guy was sober, had time to think and he still went with it.

21 Likes

Christ, I’m sick of assholes using you as cover for their predation and heinous crimes.

26 Likes

Oh FUCK that guy, sideways with a piece of rusty rebar and rubbing alcohol for lube.

I hate bigotry and the mindless enablement of systemic racism; I hate it it even more when PoC do it to other marginalized or disenfranchised people.

And then he’s a sexual predator, to boot?!?

33 Likes

I give it about a month or less before there’s a story about ICE actually deporting the family.

31 Likes

Who knew that stripping away people’s rights and constantly threatening them into hiding and silence makes them vulnerable to exploitation and violence?

57 Likes

The early Christians learned firsthand about persecution and exploitation from Nero and then from Decius. Their best practices have been passed down and refined over the centuries, reaching their apotheosis in fucksticks like Bernard Law and Luis Clarke.

9 Likes

He really needs to follow up on his promise about millstones.

11 Likes

Roger That!

4 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say “this kid has problems.”

If it weren’t for what Europe helpfully demonstrated for us about how ‘stateless’ tends to slide into ‘sent to the camps’ pretty quickly; I’d say that this is a situation where simply making crimes of moral turpitude render citizens ineligible as citizens, as they currently do resident aliens, would be a good start.

2 Likes

Very fine people on both sides.

My personal feeling on the death penalty is that it should never be used as a punishment. It should never be used as a deterrent. It doesn’t work as either of those.

Sometimes, however, someone does something so heinous and horrible, and is such a mess from a mental perspective, that it doesn’t matter how hard they try or how much rehabilitation they get: they would offend again and again if they ever get out of prison.

Sometimes you can’t fix broken; and even keeping them in prison is too big of a chance that they may some day walk free to offend again. And thus they need put down; as an act of mercy for them and for those around them.

2 Likes

Yet another reason why religion should be proactively discouraged for young people, just another perverted power structure to be avoided.

9 Likes

Florida Man thanks you for not attributing this mess to him.

8 Likes

So Florida is trying to do away with sanctuary cities precisely because they want more of this, right? Because that’s the outcome.

10 Likes

As a progressive myself, I know the conflict. It comes from honest introspection, perhaps something certain people on the Right lack.

6 Likes

The kid who went to the cops on the other hand…