Florida's COVID-19 'dashboard' official: I was removed for refusing to 'manually change data'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/19/floridas-covid-19-dashboar.html

4 Likes

There are obviously 2 parts to the Trumpification of America.

Part #1 is the subjection of all of us to daily lying, and gaslighting, and general disdain for facts.

Part #2 is the attempt to force otherwise honest professionals to become complicit in the fakery. Some officials go along to get along, and some truly honorable people refuse to be co-opted.

33 Likes

Part #3 is to ensure that 2nd amendment rights still exist to make sure these “refusers” don’t get too uppity.

11 Likes

These fuckwits are taking the “perception is reality” teaching to ridiculous extremes.

MAGA?
Perception is reality.

I will laugh like a drain when reality finally says - “No, it’s not!”

9 Likes

In principle true, but it’s going to result in a lot of deaths before it works its way out.

2 Likes

The data falsification will continue until morale improves!

7 Likes

FYI: The Miama Herald link is bad/dead.

It didn’t start with the MAGAts, either:

[Karl Rove] said that guys like me were ‘in what we call the reality-based community,’ which he defined as people who ‘believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.’ I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. ‘That’s not the way the world really works anymore,’ he continued. ‘We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do’

11 Likes

Like this.

(His filmography is worth reviewing, too.)

8 Likes

You are correct, of course. I just want to see Trump’s make-believe really hit a reality wall that hurts him, how can I say this … hugely?

Morale HAS improved! Didn’t you see the new (false) happiness poll data? :wink:

5 Likes

That’s odd, I don’t.

1 Like

I love Adam Curtis docs. This one also ties in Putin’s and Vladislav Surkov’s roles in creating our post-truth world. Here’s a shorter version of the full movie for those who want a taste of Curtis’ style:

4 Likes

This is happening in all states.

Here in CA we knew personally of CDC confirmed cases in a local hospital when the numbers were in single digits that never made the official counts. My mother in law works as an ombudsman, and when they knew of 34 nursing homes with confirmed cases, the state was reporting 2.

There’s not knowing all of the data because this is a novel virus etc… and there’s blatant falsification of numbers to make things not look so bad. I’ll grudgingly accept one, and never the other.

2 Likes

Try the one linked here instead

According to my Fox News-watching work associate, doctors are being required to list covid as the reason for every single death now, even when it’s something like a car accident or gunshot. I have not been able to come up with information ‘worthy enough’ to help her understand that in fact it’s the opposite: we are undercounting cases and deaths because we don’t have enough tests, and without a test, almost no one is being listed as having or dying of covid.

She just came back from Florida, and has nothing but praise for how that governor has handled the situation so far. I’m sure at our next meeting she’ll tell me that one of the covid-inflators was ousted from her position in Florida, and isn’t that a good thing? Now they know the REAL numbers, which are so much lower. :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

Start with this:

In a speech on Thursday May 14 at Owens and Minor, a medical supply distributor in Allentown, Pennsylvania, President Donald Trump asked whether testing for COVID-19, is actually “overrated."

“When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases. They don’t want to write that, but it’s common sense,” Emphasis mine

Then this:

Then ask them why DJT suddenly thinks testing is so important? And why did he move to Florida so suddenly?

If her head doesn’t explode it may show her how much this man lies.

6 Likes

Until the person collapses and dies in the street but I guess its not even a case then, just a body.

edit:

The Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses have been designed to help people develop a relaxed attitude to danger. They follow the principle “what you don’t know can’t hurt you” and turn completely dark and opaque at the first sign of danger. This prevents you from seeing anything that might alarm you. This does, however, mean that you see absolutely nothing, including where you’re going.

6 Likes

This website is nowhere to be real since months.
Chinese numbers where fabricated from day one there.
Now they have included Taiwan into China?!
And Hong Kong can’t be checked too.
When politics get in, no trust possible.

Thank you for that, but I’ve found that showing the lies and hypocrisy don’t sway this sort of person, because Fox News (etc.) has trained them to discount it as Fake News, etc. It’s all lies, you see.

1 Like

What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

3 Likes