Florida's vicious attacks on transgender children

how much of either of those states will be left after a 5 meter sea level rise?

6 Likes

Oh sure… but the reality is that climate migrations are only going to continue in the coming years. We already absorbed some climate refugees already from Katrina. We have a ton of former NOLA residents living in the metro area. We’re the south, of course, and we’ll welcome them here.

10 Likes

The Lex Luthors of the real-estate world have yet to clearly reveal themselves. Then again, such people only figure the future within the brackets of their own lifespans… and this shit is long-term.

5 Likes

Policing how private citizens refer to themselves is the kind of thing that would be an easy win just on First Amendment grounds – if we didn’t have a Supreme Court that’s champing at the bit to roll society back to the Dark Ages…

16 Likes

Apparently, it’s time to go to school naked so that Republicans won’t get confused.

How can they not be passing laws to protect America’s Penis?

Pretty soon, they’ll be nothing left.

8 Likes

Philadelphia is a good ways inland- but it’s between two tidal rivers. Half the city could be gone.

11 Likes

It’s a red state and the GOP have turned a blind eye to Climate Change. :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

I don’t even know what to say anymore. Fuck all these motherfuckers. Fuck 'em all. This is making me have violent thoughts, and I am not a violent person, and I don’t like it.

12 Likes
25 Likes

I was speaking to someone this weekend (their name shall remain unprinted) and they informed me that ‘someone forcing me to use They when I speak is making ME the victim - it isn’t fair to me to Have to use They.’

As usual, the empowered white male is threatened by a pronoun.

11 Likes

Wow. I’m generally a giant asshole, and I can’t be bothered to care about things like this.

If someone wants to be referred to by a non-gendered pronoun, whoopity doo…

And if you’re offended by being “forced” to exercise some courtesy, then I doff my asshole crown to you king or queen of the assholes.

7 Likes

As always, conservatives’ understanding of the First Amendment is “I get to say anything I want; you have to shut up, listen to me, and agree.”

7 Likes

GIF by Broad City

8 Likes

The Pink Panthers are both feared and revered!

And pink.

12 Likes

16 Likes

Um, Pink Panther was my nickname at one point…

Life is weird.

pinkpanther GIF by Henry Mancini

11 Likes

"It’s one horror story after another; every day I hear about a friend or someone I know getting hurt. My lover and I were almost physically attacked in the East Village. We’re verbally harassed all the time, called ‘dykes’ and ‘queers’ and ‘what’s wrong with you.’ These kids are not taught to respect difference; they’re taught to fear it and bash it.

“Our message is,” Wells says, “we’re bashing back.”

They got sued to stop using the name.

11 Likes

Interesting read, thank you.

9 Likes

As the parent of a trans teen, I can’t even read this. I’m so angry. What is wrong with these people? It just breaks my heart. I am vaguely relieved I live in a state where, so far, trans rights are not hobbled.

16 Likes