Flying finger crows

Originally published at: Flying finger crows | Boing Boing

9 Likes

13 Likes

Uwyp

12 Likes

I like crows…but not that way.

10 Likes

Another fine product from Archie McPhee. My mother pointed me to their unicorn-head squirrel feeder the other day, so they’ve been coming up with abnormal frequency this week for some reason.

4 Likes

Really? No Corvid-19?

Iʻll show myself out.

14 Likes

Maybe I would get one. I can’t commit to a murder.

13 Likes

Avian Veterinarian Proctologist Training Aids.

2 Likes

10 Likes

I eat dead stuff almost everyday. They make it sound bad.

6 Likes

Sorry, this is a Morrigan household

7 Likes
2 Likes

It would be a lot better if the beaks were open with a finger up the cloaca

1 Like
4 Likes

Seeing that photo makes me think of “The Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award” from Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In.

[I’m dating myself, aren’t I? :grimacing: :woman_shrugging:t2: ]

https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/movie-tv-memorabilia/props/-laugh-in-flying-fickle-finger-of-fate-award-broadcast-from-1968-to-1973-on-nbc-rowan-and-martin-s-laugh-in-provided-a/a/648-21045.s

Description
“Laugh-In” Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award. Broadcast from 1968 to 1973 on NBC, Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In provided a heady dose of comedy and biting satire during a turbulent period in history, and in the process boosted the careers of Goldie Hawn, Lily Tomlin, and others. This genuine Flying Fickle Finger of Fate award was used on the show in the recurring segment that “lauded” noteworthy, dubious achievements by celebrities or government officials. Recipients of this uncoveted award included then Los Angeles Chief of Police Ed Davis, who suggested that gallows be put in all airports so hijackers could be hung on the spot; the City of Cleveland for their Cuyahoga River (it caught fire due to its high pollution levels); William F. Buckley for his philosophy “Never clarify tomorrow what you can obscure today”; and the Pentagon, a five-time winner of the Nifty Knuckle. The bronze hand-with-winged-finger statuette is mounted atop a wooden base, which stands 9.5" tall and is stamped “copyright George Schlatter and Ed Friendly productions – Romart 1969” on the bottom, and is in Excellent condition with very minor wear.

The flying finger crows, of course, are cuter!

5 Likes
5 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :dvd:

IT’S
TIME

1 Like

The clocks on your socks rock! (Therefore it would be lying if I said they were nothing to crow about.) :wink:

(I trust everybody here knows what “clock” is in this sense)

1 Like

Aw darn it, hecep, I missed my cue! And you did such a good set-up, too.

I should have replied with:

Sock it to…you?

Reference, for anyone who doesn’t know:

Richard M. Nixon does a cameo appearance on Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In, uttering the memorable line, “Sock it to me?”

1 Like