Follow-up

Well, here’s an unexpected move:

let’s get these names investigated and in front of a prosecutor.

8 Likes

Anyone who did not successfully fight to keep their name out of the civil case could see their name become public – including Epstein’s victims, co-conspirators and innocent associates

1 Like

Me, reading these last 2 posts:

Happy Lets Go GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Why can’t we just have good shit - like a bunch of sexual predators being held accountable… why do the victims have to be dragged through the mud and targeted by deranged asshole…

7 Likes

yeah, it’s always annoying when people “tweak” a design. especially without involving the original artist.

there is something strange about the official submission in that i can’t quite tell if the v and star are centered vertically… i kinda like that about it

4 Likes

… I guess technically nobody in the Senate is a progressive except Bernie

The Congressional Progressive Caucus is composed of more than 100 progressive members — 103 members of the U.S. House of Representatives and one U.S. Senator.

Caucus Members | Congressional Progressive Caucus

3 Likes

Well, if the artist has any bad feelings about that, he has been admirably gracious in giving no hint of it. I suspect that he really is genuinely thrilled, though. I’m sure he knew and fully expected that his design could get tweaked in some way if it were to be chosen…

Here’s the artist’s statement on the State Emblems Redesign Commission’s website: SERC - Next Minnesota State Flag

Statement from Andrew Prekker, Luverne

December 19, 2023

The last few days have been surreal for me. Very few things make me speechless in life, but this is one of those moments where it’s hard to express the sheer gratitude and amazement I’ve felt at this whole opportunity.

Among the many emotions I’m feeling, the strongest are a sense of honor, privilege, excitement, and gratitude. It’s such a rare privilege to be able to contribute to our state’s history in such a special way like this. And I’m so proud to be able to say I helped design the new Minnesotan state flag! […]

There’s more to it, click the link if you want to fully share his enthusiasm and see his smiling face :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Following on from the discussion about aid in dying in the thread about the chef selling suicide kits, a short (for Dr. Rohin) video taking a stand:

This is in the context of the UK, where this is completely illegal. In Canada, this and more is legal, and there are a lot of disturbing stories, the veracity of which is hard to confirm. I always hear stories about a relative’s disabled friend being recommended MAiD as opposed to healthcare or aid, but not much from actual verified disabled people. A lot of such stories are in the comments of the video, so I’m wondering… for all the Canadians who are better informed than me, does anyone have first or even second hand knowledge of whether we’re on a path to eugenics? Either way the story of MAiD in Canada is very murky and disturbing.

1 Like

Someone re-uploaded the deleted apology video if you’re curious.

2 Likes

Good old Jessie Gender has some thoughts…

1 Like

Protesters in Portland, OR have filed another lawsuit because of LEO actions during the 2020 Uprising:

6 Likes

They’ve been winning all their cases against local cops, so I have high hopes for this one.

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

4 Likes

Betcha the court is going to be drawing up some maps in Wisconsin this year. I wonder if the Republicans will impeach Protasiewicz now that she decided not to recuse herself. I don’t think they dare, but you can never tell with crazy.

7 Likes
4 Likes

“Experts say that the verdict could have a chilling effect on first responders across the country.”

If this has a chilling effect on you as a first responder then you should quit your job. We will figure it out. Just don’t be in that job anymore please. Maybe try accounting or construction… or sales.

10 Likes

Precisely. If doing their job competently and without discrimination scares people away from professions with a duty of care…good? Now the trick is to more solidly codify in law that applies to cops.

9 Likes
3 Likes

follow up on touron what caught a tarpon at Robbie’s Marina. dude has turned himself in.
https://share.newsbreak.com/5qg6g9s8
apparently, the gentleman hales frome oklahoma and practices “noodling” - catching catfish by jamming your hand down their throats and into the gills.
stupid fuck.

3 Likes

“This missionary’s story reflects a fundamental shift in the American Catholic church. After decades of U.S. missionaries traveling to Africa to convert and preach, the trend is reversing: Across the country, parishes now rely on the ministry of international priests, many from East Africa and Nigeria.”

3 Likes

How the fuck is it politically motivated? Multiple injured minors working illegally at your sawmill, culminating in the death of a child. Fucking assholes.

4 Likes

“There are obvious challenges. Chief among them is that California Forever would violate the county’s long-standing voter-approved General Plan and Orderly Growth Initiative, which restricts new development to existing cities and sets aside most of Flannery’s 60,000 acres for agriculture and open space. Changing the designation requires voter approval, which the company hopes to get on the November ballot.

It’s going to be a tough sell. Public reaction has been harsh at a series of public hearings held by the company. People are deeply skeptical, challenging whether California Forever can find enough water, will pay its fair share for expensive highway upgrades and if the homes will be as affordable as promised. Many in Solano County are receptive to the need for more housing but suspicious of the whole enterprise.“

Laws are for the little people.

4 Likes