Follow-up

Seems like it’s still a thing?

Follow up to:

3 Likes

During a welfare check on the individual, officers spotted suspected narcotics in plain view.

During the search of the vehicle, the two officers at the scene said they started to feel the effects of what was suspected to be fentanyl found in the car.

Both suspects were booked into the Martinez Detention Facility, according to police.

It’s puzzling that the officers had to be hospitalized, but the suspects weren’t? Presumably, they were inside the car and exposed to the fentanyl for a longer period of time. :thinking:

1 Like

The suspects were already getting New Years off of work.

perhaps some variant of this conversation occurred:

“is that cocaine?”

“i don’t know, we’d better check”

for example:

( tldr: he stole narcotics from evidence and died after using at his desk )

3 Likes

After watching this report on freight trains, we need more sustained public pressure to improve safety and cleanup efforts:

5 Likes
2 Likes

despite the holiday timing, aquaman isn’t doing much better than the marvels: $84.67 million vs $84.48 million, though you’d hardly know it from the headlines.

( i do think the marvels cost a bit more to make. but still… )

4 Likes

Okay… now… I love Manuel’s as much as the next ATLien… it’s a beloved institution, for sure… but some people are getting far too bent out of shape over this. It’s not an act of intimidation or a threat to public safety… it was an act of protest… They put superglue on the locks and spray painted the coca-cola sign. I’d argue that the god damn high end high rise that they put next door and the fact that the family no longer owns the land underneath the tavern is a bigger threat to Manuel’s than this. I’m not a fan of what they did, but it’s not a “threat”…

And anyone who knows this place knows that not only is a locale for Democratic politics, but it’s a known hangout for off-duty police…

6 Likes

The courts failed to stop it:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Bobby Moynihan No GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

As others have noted:

5 Likes

I’m glad she made it but it’s also staggering and sad to me that she wasn’t insured. We worked hard to get Obamacare passed to help people get insured, and MLR recently just sold a 9000 square foot mansion.

Also happy she survived…

We need single payer, though. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Substack is removing some publications that express support for Nazis, the company said today. The company said this did not represent a reversal of its previous stance, but rather the result of reconsidering how it interprets its existing policies.

As part of the move, the company is also terminating the accounts of several publications that endorse Nazi ideology and that Platformer flagged to the company for review last week.

The company will not change the text of its content policy, it says, and its new policy interpretation will not include proactively removing content related to neo-Nazis and far-right extremism. But Substack will continue to remove any material that includes “credible threats of physical harm,” it said.

History has shown us that half measures and compromise are the only way to deal with Nazis. /s

7 Likes

More follow up to this follow up…

1 Like

how anyone can take the video apology of a person seriously who’s day job is to sit in front of a camera, read a script, and make people feel things… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: