Follow-up

7 Likes

Late to the party, but as a former student I have to say yes yes yes to this.

When I transferred into the University of Florida after community college, I was in a class where both I and the professor were brand new. She wasn’t my official mentor because I wasn’t following a Romance Languages path, but happily offered to be an unofficial mentor to me for my final two years. She was awesome!

8 Likes

Under the New Apostolic Reformation, she’s supposed to have all the money. God said so.

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#New%20Apostolic%20Reformation

9 Likes

How do you say “fucking asshole” when speaking in tongues?

7 Likes

Thanks for the update on this. Based on the video and the headlines that pop up when searching for the term “cop city,” I guess this answers the question raised last month. Just as was pointed out in the Uprising topic, TPTB continue to focus on demonizing peaceful protesters. The creative interpretation of Constitutional rights by pols is sickening.

Based on the tactics that are used to push through projects like this one, I wonder what methods could undermine them when protests and lawsuits haven’t been successful so far:

7 Likes

It doesn’t really matter. Invariably there will be someone present who can translate what they’re saying. (That’s old school speaking in tongues. Who knows how the mega creature version works.)

I think they got short-changed in the miracle department. The original apostles were supposed to have the gift of tongues, where every listener heard them preaching in their own language.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

I appreciate people like Franklin and Signifier keeping the information flowing, too.

Good question. I wish I knew.

8 Likes

In Sunday School, I always thought it weird that in the Old Testament this was a punishment (Tower of Babel), and in the New Testament it was a bonus. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes
8 Likes

We don’t seem to have a general politics thread this would be right for, so it’s going here:

8 Likes

Ugh. Pattis was given a delay so he can defend another insurrectionist.

Glad the NYT didn’t mention him when it listed New Haven as one of the places to visit this year…

3 Likes
12 Likes

Yeah, that would stress me out too.

11 Likes

Fucked around and found out.

5 Likes

If I had comedic chops I would make joke about Scientology auditing vs IRS audit.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Wrist
Slap

10 Likes
4 Likes

It keeps on happening:

At this point, every spy agency in existence must be on that forum trying to start arguments.

11 Likes